Doctors medical examination.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Weaveand

Hi Everyone. DVLA have written to me requesting I book with my GP for a medical examination. They have not mentioned anything of a blood test. I thought the CDT blood test was set at a later date by a specific DVLA centre. Does my GP do a CDT test? I was thinking the examination is a simple answer the questions on a face to face with my GP. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

I was told by the DVLA that my own GP was unable to do my medical examination (I assume you are HRO?) and that they, the DVLA assign you to a GP practice who is in a franchise to undertake these medicals. Has the DVLA not written with details of an assigned GP practice who you should contact? Usually you attend the practice who will already have your paperwork ready and waiting for you to start filling in prior to your appointment with the doctor who will fill in other sections of the questionnaire and do a CDT blood test. I’m just speaking from my experience but there are many others on here that can help too.

I was told by the DVLA that my own GP was unable to do my medical examination (I assume you are HRO?) and that they, the DVLA assign you to a GP practice who is in a franchise to undertake these medicals. Has the DVLA not written with details of an assigned GP practice who you should contact? Usually you attend the practice who will already have your paperwork ready and waiting for you to start filling in prior to your appointment with the doctor who will fill in other sections of the questionnaire and do a CDT blood test. I’m just speaking from my experience but there are many others on here that can help too.
I'm not HRO. They has asked me to have an examination with my local GP. I'm expecting a questionnaire, then DVLA will either send my license or send me for a CDT. One or other.

I'm not HRO. They has asked me to have an examination with my local GP. I'm expecting a questionnaire, then DVLA will either send my license or send me for a CDT. One or other.
Oh okay. My circumstances were different. Hopefully someone can jump on this conversation and help soon. 🙂

Phone the dvla and check is the best option as normally all medicals are done by a dvla appointed doctor.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off