Do i really need a lawyer?

Convicted Driver Insurance

jtezwe

Bit if a background- i blew 83 in breath, i had an accident hitting a parked car ( cctv showed i was driving well and at legal speed i was just unfortunate the parked car may have had its wheels at an angle in the dark road) then i was honest with police etc. I got a lawyer next day n said no comment in interview but pointless as i’d been truthful night of arrest anyways.

I am wondering do i need a lawyer? i’m getting character ref letters from a doctor, manager and my phd sister n parents n i plan to hand write an apology letter myself. i got clean record, first and last offence etc. i am genuinely sorry and i hate what i did im not trying to get away with it either sadly i don’t even remember deciding to drive part of me thinks i was spiked but we are here now and i can’t afford the lawyer fees to go down that route.

if i go alone- would accident cctv help in mitigation? to show it was not wreckless? i can’t even obtain it anyways but just thinking of ways to get lenience from court.

i feel like i'm in a long nightmare and just can’t seem to wake up :(

Bit if a background- i blew 83 in breath, i had an accident hitting a parked car ( cctv showed i was driving well and at legal speed i was just unfortunate the parked car may have had its wheels at an angle in the dark road) then i was honest with police etc. I got a lawyer next day n said no comment in interview but pointless as i’d been truthful night of arrest anyways.

I am wondering do i need a lawyer? i’m getting character ref letters from a doctor, manager and my phd sister n parents n i plan to hand write an apology letter myself. i got clean record, first and last offence etc. i am genuinely sorry and i hate what i did im not trying to get away with it either sadly i don’t even remember deciding to drive part of me thinks i was spiked but we are here now and i can’t afford the lawyer fees to go down that route.

if i go alone- would accident cctv help in mitigation? to show it was not wreckless? i can’t even obtain it anyways but just thinking of ways to get lenience from court.

i feel like i'm in a long nightmare and just can’t seem to wake up :(
You're going to get banned. Sorry to be blunt but there you are. Have a look on here about the possible length..

Best thing to do is plead guilty at court (for which you show up in smart clothes) and be remorseful. The character letters may help, but not family ones which will be disregarded. There may be the chance to speak to the duty solicitor at court who may be able to represent you. It depends on the number of cases that day. However yours is a pretty easy case to represent yourself. Yes I did so and am sorry. Oh and ask for the drink driving course which will knock 25% off your ban.

You're going to get banned. Sorry to be blunt but there you are. Have a look on here about the possible length..

Best thing to do is plead guilty at court (for which you show up in smart clothes) and be remorseful. The character letters may help, but not family ones which will be disregarded. There may be the chance to speak to the duty solicitor at court who may be able to represent you. It depends on the number of cases that day. However yours is a pretty easy case to represent yourself. Yes I did so and am sorry. Oh and ask for the drink driving course which will knock 25% off your ban.
thanks for heads up on family ref letters, i’m aware i’ll get banned and have found the sentence i might get. Was just wondering how go about the mitigation and if i need the cctv or lawyer

thanks for heads up on family ref letters, i’m aware i’ll get banned and have found the sentence i might get. Was just wondering how go about the mitigation and if i need the cctv or lawyer
I wouldn’t bother with cctv. They are not charging you with drive without due care, and the CPS will not be making something out of nothing . You don’t need a lawyer but some people feel better getting one .

The CCTV is pretty irrelevant, so don't bother with it. It doesn't matter how the car was parked. You bumped into it while you were over the limit. Even if the parked car was the cause of the accident, I'm afrraid it changes nothing.

I have to agree with the advice you have already given. Unfortunately the CCTV footage really won't be any use in mitigation. You blew over limit so will be convicted based on that.

Best thing to do is be honest with yourself too. If you were 'spiked' then that's awful, but if you were honest with yourself, then were you really? The other part of you that doesn't think it you were 'spiked', still had a few drinks and got in the car right? Don't try to roll a whole load of scenarios in your head about what can I do to get out of this....the sad fact is that it is highly unlikely you will be able to. So concentrate on doing the right things in court to keep the punishments to a minimum.

As RSC said, if you represent yourself make sure you ask for the drink driving course. If you use a solicitor make sure you ask them to ask.

As you will read many time on here, it is likely that once court is out of the way you will feel a weight lifted and then get on with life being banned. A ban is temporary, and you will adapt so try to keep your head up.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on if you feel you can.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off