Do DVLA accept medichecks test as evidence of controlled drinking

Convicted Driver Insurance

ManTank

Well Known Member
Pretty much as the title states. I'm yet to have a final decision on my licence but preempting them asking for 6 months controlled drinking, would they accept a medichecks result as evidence?

Had a medichecks test early August which came back at 1%, DVLA test was 1% end Sept and just have a liver test don't by my GP. That would be 3 months of evidence of controlled drinking. I'm pretty sure that it would be 6 months from their final decision but I'd appeal.. Even though I k ow it would take up to the 6 months. I'd want to do it for my own satisfaction.

The Dvla will not take Medicheks as advisory,
Any help issues run through your GP

Have an appointment to go through the next form with my GP on 19th December. Worry is that they'll ask for controlled drinking for 6 months. My drinking has been controlled fro years now. Might be 'punished' for something that happened 4 years ago.. Before my ban even started. Its frustrating not being able to get advice before they make a decision, or what they even base their decision on.

Pretty much as the title states. I'm yet to have a final decision on my licence but preempting them asking for 6 months controlled drinking, would they accept a medichecks result as evidence?

Had a medichecks test early August which came back at 1%, DVLA test was 1% end Sept and just have a liver test don't by my GP. That would be 3 months of evidence of controlled drinking. I'm pretty sure that it would be 6 months from their final decision but I'd appeal.. Even though I k ow it would take up to the 6 months. I'd want to do it for my own satisfaction You can go down

There's nothing you can do now at the moment once labelled misuse, they will thoroughly investigate, however attend your appointment with the doctor which is really positive I think at least you'll know the form is corret, but if they do want six months from you you can appeal against this decision through further medical evidence route but you will have to wait for their decision first, start collecting your medical evidence now i.e. LFTs... you mentioned your having a liver function test if the results show any elevation you will have to wait until all your blood parameters are back to normal ( my ggt was 170 took 3 months to return to normal) ...

There's nothing you can do now at the moment once labelled misuse, they will thoroughly investigate, however attend your appointment with the doctor which is really positive I think at least you'll know the form is corret, but if they do want six months from you you can appeal against this decision through further medical evidence route but you will have to wait for their decision first, start collecting your medical evidence now i.e. LFTs... you mentioned your having a liver function test if the results show any elevation you will have to wait until all your blood parameters are back to normal ( my ggt was 170 took 3 months to return to normal) ...

Appreciate they will thoroughly investigate, but in the last year there is nothing to investigate which is the frustrating thing.

So liver test is 19th so will keep that. I haven't had a drink for many many weeks now in preparation and for many months only had 3-4 pints at pool on a thursday so no worries there. With their own CDT test, the liver tests I should have a good case for an appeal.. I hope!

Had a medichecks test early August which came back at 1%, DVLA test was 1% end Sept and just have a liver test don't by my GP. That would be 3 months of evidence of controlled drinking. I'm pretty sure that it would be 6 months from their final decision but I'd appeal.. Even though I k ow it would take up to the 6 months. I'd want to do it for my own satisfaction.
Why did the DVLA refuse you for a reading of 1%? That's a bit ridiculous. I'd appeal that to start with unless you stated on your medical form that you had drunk over 14 units in the past year

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off