Different stories ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

SauIgaud

Hi, I'm just wondering if at all things have changed in regards to medicals . I was told that you have to wait for your GP to return his part , then you get a letter from DVLA to book your medical , HRO , sorry , but I'm reading odd posts where someone's actually got DVLA to send out a request to a DVLA appointed Dr near his home ??? He sent his application in mid July , I'm here chasing my own GP up stage , they wrote to him on 16th August, my application has been there since May 15,,, I got my ID back within ten days and knee not to jump the gun and think it was too quick , but if someone could give me some advice about this so I can go my GPS today, check he's sent it back and if not why!I mean they are not snowed under, your lucky get a telephone consultation, so I don't see the hold up , or I am gonna ask if I can pay for him to do it fast time and pay ,,, I'm getting frustrated now , nearly 16 weeks! I appreciate all the poor working conditions they have endured,still are, but it says *postal apps take longer*,,,Who's actually done a postal order as a HRO ??? you can't ,I'm pretty sure . But regards pushing for private medical is it happening ???

Hi, I'm just wondering if at all things have changed in regards to medicals . I was told that you have to wait for your GP to return his part , then you get a letter from DVLA to book your medical , HRO , sorry , but I'm reading odd posts where someone's actually got DVLA to send out a request to a DVLA appointed Dr near his home ??? He sent his application in mid July , I'm here chasing my own GP up stage , they wrote to him on 16th August, my application has been there since May 15,,, I got my ID back within ten days and knee not to jump the gun and think it was too quick , but if someone could give me some advice about this so I can go my GPS today, check he's sent it back and if not why!I mean they are not snowed under, your lucky get a telephone consultation, so I don't see the hold up , or I am gonna ask if I can pay for him to do it fast time and pay ,,, I'm getting frustrated now , nearly 16 weeks! I appreciate all the poor working conditions they have endured,still are, but it says *postal apps take longer*,,,Who's actually done a postal order as a HRO ??? you can't ,I'm pretty sure . But regards pushing for private medical is it happening ???
Hi. I applied on the 15th July. I called them and was told that my details had been scanned onto the system on the 24th August, 5 weeks after my application. During this call I informed them that I have contacted a private medical practice in Glasgow who said that I can book an exam with them as soon as they have the paperwork from the DVLA, so requested that they note this on my file so as not to send me to a Doctor harder to get to by public transport but closer to where I Iive. (They did confirm the medical practice is normally selected using the 'crow flies principal.) They only cashed my cheque on Tuesday 31st August and as of today (3rd September) I have still not received any paperwork. My ban expires on the 11th October, but from reading posts on here, if they need to write to my GP then I have no chance of having my licence returned by this date and it could be closer to the middle of January next year.

It would make sense to write to GP's at the same time as sending you for a medical, but as someone pointed out, if you fail the medical with a high CDT, that would be a waste of time.

I did have a Medichecks CDT test that came back as 0.20%, so hopefully if I have a reading as low as this with the DVLA test, they might decide not to write to my GP. The only thing I have ever had from the GP was a 1 week course of diazepam over 2 years ago. No other treatment and no hospitalizations for alcohol abuse ever.

Oh, and I think you might be mixing up postal applications with postal orders. All HRO applications are postal (I have no idea why, as by submitting an online application, even for an HRO, it would hit their system sooner and payment via debit card could be taken immediately.)

The practice in Glasgow is called the 'Glasgow Medical Rooms,' and is a private clinic, not NHS. It still costs the same though.

Hi. I applied on the 15th July. I called them and was told that my details had been scanned onto the system on the 24th August, 5 weeks after my application. During this call I informed them that I have contacted a private medical practice in Glasgow who said that I can book an exam with them as soon as they have the paperwork from the DVLA, so requested that they note this on my file so as not to send me to a Doctor harder to get to by public transport but closer to where I Iive. (They did confirm the medical practice is normally selected using the 'crow flies principal.) They only cashed my cheque on Tuesday 31st August and as of today (3rd September) I have still not received any paperwork. My ban expires on the 11th October, but from reading posts on here, if they need to write to my GP then I have no chance of having my licence returned by this date and it could be closer to the middle of January next year.

It would make sense to write to GP's at the same time as sending you for a medical, but as someone pointed out, if you fail the medical with a high CDT, that would be a waste of time.

I did have a Medichecks CDT test that came back as 0.20%, so hopefully if I have a reading as low as this with the DVLA test, they might decide not to write to my GP. The only thing I have ever had from the GP was a 1 week course of diazepam over 2 years ago. No other treatment and no hospitalizations for alcohol abuse ever.

Oh, and I think you might be mixing up postal applications with postal orders. All HRO applications are postal (I have no idea why, as by submitting an online application, even for an HRO, it would hit their system sooner and payment via debit card could be taken immediately.)

The practice in Glasgow is called the 'Glasgow Medical Rooms,' and is a private clinic, not NHS. It still costs the same though.
Yea,mine was postal ,I'm pretty puxxx to be fair , I've never known a DVLA letter go AWOL , since I posted that Qtn,I rang as they'd written out on 16th aug , my application went in , 15 May I got my ID back .So I got the Drs saying they ain't got it , and DVLA saying it was , so I mediated and gave the med dept a NHS , sorry my surgery inbound email , they are imo encrypted because it's not HTML , I think it goes to a mainframe , then inbox , the inbound deffo ain't pop3 or IMAP , it's Linux in the first degree , totally secure , let's face it , any coder can set up a bridge and be Dr YaGotyourlicense BMA, but I have stopped putting them IST now,you can go crazy with the headgames, you know what a ,,no,I won't say what company ,,, this guy said that they are not insuring a lot of drivers ,and some who have been loyal for years because they have been fast tracked and given 12 month licenses , if that happens I may just Lease for a year , I was ready buy a motor in 3 weeks but I don't see me even getting a medical till 2022 bud ..Unless they have a last minute system, it's a waiting game and I think this system wants , this will hopefully go down in parliament that it's a farce , they pay,you pay, it's Peter back to Paul then ya own GP who has that IST chat , he or she knows if your a pop head , they can CDT ya , they can get you revoked so sorry,they are qualified to say yea or nay to DVLA ,,they can cut the 6k staff down then and get agency workers from Poland in ...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off