dg10 removal date

Convicted Driver Insurance

sippy

Hello,

I have been convicted of a DG10 driving offense back in 2017, I have had my HGV class 2 license since 2019 but haven't been able to get any work due to this conviction. On checking my license information using my license number and national insurance number on the DVLA website and the information is as follows

dg10 expired
start date 25 Jul 2017
end date 24 Jul 2018
conviction date 25 Jul 2017
removal date Jul 2021

What I wanted to know is will it be removed from the DVLA site on the 25th July 2021 so future employees past that date whether they use the code or my national insurance number won't be able to see this.

I know this seems like a pretty obvious answer but I've read on previous posts that they will be able to up to 11 years from conviction.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sadly, it remains on your driving record for 11 years.despite it being a spent conviction after 5 years.
If the company use the code that you can generate and supply them then the DG10 becomes ‘invisible’ in a check after 5 years, but if they input your National Insurance number, the system thinks it is you asking, so the DG10 is divulged for 11.
They should not use the National Insurance method, but apparently such use is widespread.

Hello,

I have been convicted of a DG10 driving offense back in 2017, I have had my HGV class 2 license since 2019 but haven't been able to get any work due to this conviction. On checking my license information using my license number and national insurance number on the DVLA website and the information is as follows

dg10 expired
start date 25 Jul 2017
end date 24 Jul 2018
conviction date 25 Jul 2017
removal date Jul 2021

What I wanted to know is will it be removed from the DVLA site on the 25th July 2021 so future employees past that date whether they use the code or my national insurance number won't be able to see this.

I know this seems like a pretty obvious answer but I've read on previous posts that they will be able to up to 11 years from conviction.

Thanks in advance for your help

It will appear on your licence for 11 years. But can only be considered for insurance reasons for 5 years.

Generate a code for them and they won’t be able to see it after 5 years. But if they use your NI they can see it.

Sadly, it remains on your driving record for 11 years.despite it being a spent conviction after 5 years.
If the company use the code that you can generate and supply them then the DG10 becomes ‘invisible’ in a check after 5 years, but if they input your National Insurance number, the system thinks it is you asking, so the DG10 is divulged for 11.
They should not use the National Insurance method, but apparently such use is widespread.
Thanks for the reply, so just to double check even that it says it will be removed on the dvla from the 25th July does that mean if I provide them the code after the 25th they wont be able to see it unless they use my NI number?

And not much employers in the past have asked for the code so have they been using my NI number to obtain this info do you reckon ?

Thanks for the reply, so just to double check even that it says it will be removed on the dvla from the 25th July does that mean if I provide them the code after the 25th they wont be able to see it unless they use my NI number?

And not much employers in the past have asked for the code so have they been using my NI number to obtain this info do you reckon
It will appear on your licence for 11 years. But can only be considered for insurance reasons for 5 years.

Generate a code for them and they won’t be able to see it after 5 years. But if they use your NI they can see it.
Technically I'm 4 years past conviction but says will be removed on the 25th 2021 when I generate the code after the 25th would they be able to see it the reason I ask is I will stop applying for jobs until after that.

Thanks

It is declarable by you for 5 years, irrespective of what said about when it is ‘removed’.
That is because the companies insurers need to know of convictions that are up to 5 years old.
The details of the 11 years on record can be seen here:

It is declarable by you for 5 years, irrespective of what said about when it is ‘removed’.
That is because the companies insurers need to know of convictions that are up to 5 years old.
The details of the 11 years on record can be seen here:

Ok thank you last question, what do you suggest I do wait another year before applying for jobs? Plus so you know of anyway getting employment in these 11 years or is there no chance and I should seek another career path till the 11 years are up

I thought the industry was desperate for HGV drivers just now.

Seems a shame you cannot get employment.

I thought the industry was desperate for HGV drivers just now.

Seems a shame you cannot get employment.

It’s more can’t get insurance than can’t get employment. Not many insurance companies want to risk someone with a conviction like DG or DR in a vehicle pulling up to 44 tonnes.

I know there are a few haulage firms in NI that will employ with a DR10 but the business insurance is up to 10 times higher than without the conviction.

Hi everyone,

apologies to pop in the conversation this late, I had a question relevant to this post. I was sentenced DG10 on 9th October and when I checked on DVLA's website few days after, it said
Start date: 9 Oct 2020
End date: 8 Oct 2021
Conviction date: 9 Oct 2020
Removal date: 9 Oct 2024

A week back, now that my ban got lifted, I checked again since insurance people kept telling me my license is showing as expired (been 2 weeks since I sent DVLA my renewal form with £65). NOW the DVLA website states the following:
Start date: 9 Oct 2020
End date: 8 Oct 2021
Conviction date: 9 Oct 2020
Removal date: 9 Oct 2031

The removal date has jumped from 4 years to 11 years. To my understanding I think the government has recently changed the 4year endorsement for DG10 to 11years, as I'm checking on different places for previous rulings, such as Wikipedia which only got updated somewhere around mid-2020.

Is this something I can take up with the court or should I do my homework first? I know the current link on gov.uk does say its 11years of endorsement for a DG10 but back in 2020 near my court dates I kept reading 4yrs or 11yrs depending on the court.

Nothing has changed in reality. I don't know why the Database showed the ‘ordinary’ removal offence date (for all other motoring offences other than drink to drug driving) but what you are seeing now is correct, drug driving is declarable for 5 years when seeking employment because it is not spent until then, and can also have a material effect on insurance.
BUT it remains on your licence record for 11 years.
As has been detailed earlier in this thread, if your prospective employer or agency does a check with your date of birth and national insurance number on the DVLA database it will show the conviction as being on your record for 11 years. If they have a policy of only employing people with a ‘clean’ licence then you will not get employed.

There is no point in contacting the court, it is nothing to do with them. They just disqualified you and notified DVLA. They do not stipulate how long it remains on your driving licence record.
The current Drug Driving legislation came out in 2015, and since then it has been the case that a DG10 remains on your record for 11 years, due to the fact that a second conviction in 10 years leads to a minimum 3 year ban.

Nothing has changed in reality. I don't know why the Database showed the ‘ordinary’ removal offence date (for all other motoring offences other than drink to drug driving) but what you are seeing now is correct, drug driving is declarable for 5 years when seeking employment because it is not spent until then, and can also have a material effect on insurance.
BUT it remains on your licence record for 11 years.
As has been detailed earlier in this thread, if your prospective employer or agency does a check with your date of birth and national insurance number on the DVLA database it will show the conviction as being on your record for 11 years. If they have a policy of only employing people with a ‘clean’ licence then you will not get employed.

There is no point in contacting the court, it is nothing to do with them. They just disqualified you and notified DVLA. They do not stipulate how long it remains on your driving licence record.
The current Drug Driving legislation came out in 2015, and since then it has been the case that a DG10 remains on your record for 11 years, due to the fact that a second conviction in 10 years leads to a minimum 3 year ban.
Thanks, replied to you in thread 'Dg10 endorsment' https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/threads/dg10-endorsment.135283/post-184704

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off