Devastated

Convicted Driver Insurance
Like you say much easier said than done but completely agree. Through the whole thing I was most at peace from about month 2 into the ban because I accepted what it was and there was nothing I could do about. Actually exhausted myself thinking about it and trying to find a fix, and truthfully, the only fix is waiting it out. Once you hit the final month or two before getting your licence back the stress starts all over again with the whole wondering what could stop you getting your licence back.

Honestly, I get the crime has to be harshly punished, to an extent I agree with that. What I don't agree with is the millions of different circumstances than can pan out after someone is caught doing this. To me there seems to be no consistency whatsoever. From the get go police discretion seems to come into. I got two female friends that turned on the water works and had actually been driven home without charge! Ironically, one of those ladies still went on to get banned eventually. Then it doesn't seem consistent on whether you are offered blood or urine testing in the station, should you fail to provide breath analysis. Then the court punishments seem to vary all over the place. If your HRO you will probably know the way the medical is conducted is wildly inconsistent.

For me it should be as simple as if you are caught drink driving with a reading of x amount you get banned for x amount of time, set in stone. It really shouldn't be in the hands of individuals whereby if they had a bad day they can mess you up for another year. The fact the DVLA often put it in the hands of a struggling medical system where people with cancer are struggling for appointment is truly stinking for me. If the DVLA want to continue punishing offenders it' should be at the offender's cost in money and at the dvlas cost in time
The case in the news today about that girl accusing those people of abusing her and rape and nobody was guilty of any crime 3 tried to take their own life . She got 8 years and will most likely be out in 4. Some people on here got done 10+ years ago have to undertake yearly medicals its very harsh when you compare it to very serious crimes. I do not condone drink driving by the way.

The case in the news today about that girl accusing those people of abusing her and rape and nobody was guilty of any crime 3 tried to take their own life . She got 8 years and will most likely be out in 4. Some people on here got done 10+ years ago have to undertake yearly medicals its very harsh when you compare it to very serious crimes. I do not condone drink driving by the way.
To be honest I just feel absolutely cheated! Committed a crime 2014 ,paid my dues,changed my life,behaving,(was)drinking with moderation after I came out from a REALLY DARK PLACE, got a job (AgeUk, caring for elderlys,it’s a charity),not earning millions but making a huge difference for my lovely ladies! Driving with no issues the last 5 years and then suddenly my license is revoked as guidelines changed (not knowing anything about it, I do understand ignorance is not an excuse but as I have been going through the same process since 2017 I wasn’t even thinking about there could be any change) so I’m punished again!?? How is that fair??? I’m trying to except it but as I can’t see the end of it it’s just extremely hard to not to be bloody annoyed and upset about it!!!

To be honest I just feel absolutely cheated! Committed a crime 2014 ,paid my dues,changed my life,behaving,(was)drinking with moderation after I came out from a REALLY DARK PLACE, got a job (AgeUk, caring for elderlys,it’s a charity),not earning millions but making a huge difference for my lovely ladies! Driving with no issues the last 5 years and then suddenly my license is revoked as guidelines changed (not knowing anything about it, I do understand ignorance is not an excuse but as I have been going through the same process since 2017 I wasn’t even thinking about there could be any change) so I’m punished again!?? How is that fair??? I’m trying to except it but as I can’t see the end of it it’s just extremely hard to not to be bloody annoyed and upset about it!!!
So I’m I right in thinking you had a 1 year licence each time, and one more year you would of had your 10 year licence back ? Do you have to start the six year cycle again ?

So I’m I right in thinking you had a 1 year licence each time, and one more year you would have had your 10 year licence back ? Do you have to start the six year cycle again ?
Yes,I’ve had a 1 year license but DVLA said they their are the ones who decide how many years do I have to go through all this rubbish so I’m not actually sure if that 6-7 years off hell would end up any time soon? They said (hopefully they were honest and right) I not supposed to be starting from scratch so I REALLY REALLY HOPE it won’t start all over again as literally I do believe that I didn’t commit a crime or beak the law?? But who knows as they actually don’t tell us really anything 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Yes,I’ve had a 1 year license but DVLA said they their are the ones who decide how many years do I have to go through all this rubbish so I’m not actually sure if that 6-7 years off hell would end up any time soon? They said (hopefully they were honest and right) I not supposed to be starting from scratch so I REALLY REALLY HOPE it won’t start all over again as literally I do believe that I didn’t commit a crime or beak the law?? But who knows as they actually don’t tell us really anything 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
OMG, what’s it coming to, I think I would of been suicidal, feel for you pipacs, I think we’d have less for murder, when they issued out my new licence just gone the paperwork said this licence is valid for three years, and when I phoned them to confirm they said there’s a mistake it’s a one year as usual, I did get my hopes up I was coming to the end, but who knows maybe I never will 😬….

OMG, what’s it coming to, I think I would of been suicidal, feel for you pipacs, I think we’d have less for murder, when they issued out my new licence just gone the paperwork said this licence is valid for three years, and when I phoned them to confirm they said there’s a mistake it’s a one year as usual, I did get my hopes up I was coming to the end, but who knows maybe I never will 😬….
They are absolutely ridiculous!! All this situation I’m in just a f… pain! No one can actually believe (my friends,family,people around me) this is real??

Phoned the dvla they have scanned my medical consent letter onto their system took a week from posting that was quick. Those who are being quoted 6 weeks their applications must be going to a different dept my form was sent to the medical section so can only assume they are processing those quicker. Chap said its with the doctors now to decide the next step only hoping the fact they send me a form to sign they my continue with my application.

He said they may write to my Gp not sure what purpose that would be achieve my doctor emailed my details across to them when she asked them to review my case.

Phoned the dvla they have scanned my medical consent letter onto their system took a week from posting that was quick. Those who are being quoted 6 weeks their applications must be going to a different dept my form was sent to the medical section so can only assume they are processing those quicker. Chap said its with the doctors now to decide the next step only hoping the fact they send me a form to sign they my continue with my application.

He said they may write to my Gp not sure what purpose that would be achieve my doctor emailed my details across to them when she asked them to review my case.
When my Gp emailed for DVLA it took 10 working days for them to scan it into their system,my license application took them 5 weeks to scan (I’ve called them today and they have scanned it today)

When my Gp emailed for DVLA it took 10 working days for them to scan it into their system,my license application took them 5 weeks to scan (I’ve called them today and they have scanned it today)
Fingers crossed at least its on the system now again its a small positive if nothing else. 2 weeks from seeing my Gp they have reviewed my case sent me a consent letter to sign and scanned it rather quick compared to previous times.

Best of luck 🤞🤞🤞
I phoned the practice where they do the dvla medicals just in case no slots available at the moment hope i am not jumping the gun :unsure: If for some reason they want proof abstaining for 12 months i can reapply end of this month anyway its been 10 months and you can apply 60 days before the 12 months.

I phoned the practice where they do the dvla medicals just in case no slots available at the moment hope i am not jumping the gun :unsure: If for some reason they want proof abstaining for 12 months i can reapply end of this month anyway its been 10 months and you can apply 60 days before the 12 months.
Maybe you should wait for the outcome or call them and ask what they are suggesting as the process as we know takes months and months and months?

Maybe you should wait for the outcome or call them and ask what they are suggesting as the process as we know takes months and months and months?
Its with the dvla doctors now he confirmed that on the phone should get a decision pretty quick the next stage he did say they could write to my Gp. I will phone on friday again.

I meant call DVLA as the outcome (hopefully will be in your favour) might not gonna be what you want so start your journey ASAP

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off