Devastated

Convicted Driver Insurance
Not sure if this is relevant (or done already - apologies if so) but I managed to get my GP to state explicitly in my notes when I had stopped drinking alcohol. It’s there in black and white, and I’m sure it certainly helped with the medicals to follow.
Its always best to get your last drink recorded on your medical records helps massively for future ref.

Guys i spoke with the dvla medical dept today this is the reply i got from them.

Guy from dvla confirmed i had put down my last drink on 5/8/2022 6 units - This was the reason they instantly revoked my licence and classed me as dependant and need to abstain and prove 12 months alcohol free. He said the dvla had new rules in place since last year and anyone who has been classed as misuse or dependant in the last 6 years and declare they have had alcohol intake when applying to renew/regain their licence will instantly be refused.

My stupid fault if i had put 0 alcohol intake i would have sailed through my renewal as full support from my doctor and two and a half years of liver function blood tests to back it up. Gutted is an under statement i have read so many times on here people putting small amount of alcohol intake and get a renewal or full licence back.
Feel for you mate, it's just ludicrously harsh. I cannot understand the inconsistencies in their method either. During my medical she asked how many times I exceeded 6 units, I answered twice a year (birthday and Christmas) and got my licence back.

So will you have to abstain for a year again?

Feel for you mate, it's just ludicrously harsh. I cannot understand the inconsistencies in their method either. During my medical she asked how many times I exceeded 6 units, I answered twice a year (birthday and Christmas) and got my licence back.

So will you have to abstain for a year again?
8 months since last drink GP e-mailed the DVLA last week asking them to review my dependence classification.

For me it’s a bit kind of better as I applied in April and got the revoke letter in December so I already sent my application back 🤞🤞
Got a letter this morning they are making new enquiries with my Gp i have to sign a consent form send it back asap.

Got a letter this morning they are making new enquiries with my Gp i have to sign a consent form send it back asap.
Hopefully 🤞 it will change your situation!! I’m just wondering if it will take them another bloody 8 months to get my paperwork sorted?????!!! It’s so extremely frustrating!! I’ve sent my paperwork to them a month ago and last week they still didn’t received it or just not put into their system as it’s taking them 10 working days 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️!! Please let us know how is it going?🤞🤞🤞

Hopefully 🤞 it will change your situation!! I’m just wondering if it will take them another bloody 8 months to get my paperwork sorted?????!!! It’s so extremely frustrating!! I’ve sent my paperwork to them a month ago and last week they still didn’t received it or just not put into their system as it’s taking them 10 working days 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️!! Please let us know how is it going?🤞🤞🤞
After being revoked i suppose you are starting the process all over again does this mean they can make you do another 6 yearly medicals ? If they did that it would be 11 years which is insane.

After being revoked i suppose you are starting the process all over again does this mean they can make you do another 6 yearly medicals ?
Actually I did asked and they said probably not but who knows as they are making their own rules + they said DVLA is making their decisions on how many years I’ve got to go through all of this crap so I’m not exactly sure about if it’s 6 or 7 years? As there is absolutely no information about it either

Actually I did asked and they said probably not but who knows as they are making their own rules + they said DVLA is making their decisions on how many years I’ve got to go through all of this crap so I’m not exactly sure about if it’s 6 or 7 years? As there is absolutely no information about it either
I cannot believe how quick i got a letter was only in with my Gp last friday 3/3/2023 she emailed them the following monday 6/3/2023 Letter in the post this morning some people are waiting for weeks and weeks to get to see their Gp then weeks again to get any forms done.

I cannot believe how quick i got a letter was only in with my Gp last friday 3/3/2023 she emailed them the following monday 6/3/2023 Letter in the post this morning some people are waiting for weeks and weeks to get to see their Gp then weeks again to get any forms done.
Hopefully it’s a good sign! Fingers crossed for you!!

I posted the medical consent form to the dvla yesterday and it was signed for this morning. Phoned the dvla medical dept the chap on the phone said it can take up to 10 days to scan onto the system and they should review it and make a decision by the 29/3/2023 and they will write out to me. Hoping they will allow me to do a medical and a change from dependent to misuse would be a good outcome considering am i currently revoked from driving.

I can only assume those applying with a new application to renew or regain an existing licence that are being given up to 8 weeks to scan on to their system must be in a different dept.

I posted the medical consent form to the dvla yesterday and it was signed for this morning. Phoned the dvla medical dept the chap on the phone said it can take up to 10 days to scan onto the system and they should review it and make a decision by the 29/3/2023 and they will write out to me. Hoping they will allow me to do a medical and a change from dependent to misuse would be a good outcome considering am i currently revoked from driving.

I can only assume those applying with a new application to renew or regain an existing licence that are being given up to 8 weeks to scan on to their system must be in a different dept.
I do hope you get it back Les, praying for you mate ☕

Fingers crossed for you! Me-I’m actually loosing all hope and faith at this point about me able to drive again in the near future ! My husband keeps saying that to me to think positively but how can I as EVERYTHING is taking them months and months to even just scanning anything into their system???

Fingers crossed for you! Me-I’m actually loosing all hope and faith at this point about me able to drive again in the near future ! My husband keeps saying that to me to think positively but how can I as EVERYTHING is taking them months and months to even just scanning anything into their system???
I applied to renew my medical review licence (temporary licence) last June and it was issued out February 23 😮

I applied to renew my medical review licence (temporary licence) last June and it was issued out February 23 😮
Unfortunately for me I can’t drive at all right now as my license was revoked,should be ending in 1st of April but it’s looks like I might be able to get back into my car next year????

Unfortunately for me I can’t drive at all right now as my license was revoked,should be ending in 1st of April but it’s looks like I might be able to get back into my car next year????
Easier said than done i know but i have not let it get to me this time i seem to be able to block it out. I have accepted it is what it is or it can drive you crazy you know you will get it back at some point.

Thought about emailing Tim Burton ?

Easier said than done i know but i have not let it get to me this time i seem to be able to block it out. I have accepted it is what it is or it can drive you crazy you know you will get it back at some point.

Thought about emailing Tim Burton ?

Like you say much easier said than done but completely agree. Through the whole thing I was most at peace from about month 2 into the ban because I accepted what it was and there was nothing I could do about. Actually exhausted myself thinking about it and trying to find a fix, and truthfully, the only fix is waiting it out. Once you hit the final month or two before getting your licence back the stress starts all over again with the whole wondering what could stop you getting your licence back.

Honestly, I get the crime has to be harshly punished, to an extent I agree with that. What I don't agree with is the millions of different circumstances than can pan out after someone is caught doing this. To me there seems to be no consistency whatsoever. From the get go police discretion seems to come into. I got two female friends that turned on the water works and had actually been driven home without charge! Ironically, one of those ladies still went on to get banned eventually. Then it doesn't seem consistent on whether you are offered blood or urine testing in the station, should you fail to provide breath analysis. Then the court punishments seem to vary all over the place. If your HRO you will probably know the way the medical is conducted is wildly inconsistent.

For me it should be as simple as if you are caught drink driving with a reading of x amount you get banned for x amount of time, set in stone. It really shouldn't be in the hands of individuals whereby if they had a bad day they can mess you up for another year. The fact the DVLA often put it in the hands of a struggling medical system where people with cancer are struggling for appointment is truly stinking for me. If the DVLA want to continue punishing offenders it' should be at the offender's cost in money and at the dvlas cost in time

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off