Devastated

Convicted Driver Insurance
I had a consultation with my Gp this afternoon went through everything and showed her the letter revoking my licence. She had already gone back through my medical records nothing on file relating to alcohol dependency only misuse back in 2013. She is writing to the dvla medical dept to see if they will remove the dependency and either change it to past misuse or no alcohol issues in the past 7 years at least i feel progress going forward. She has tagged me on the email so see what happens going forward.

I had a consultation with my Gp this afternoon went through everything and showed her the letter revoking my licence. She had already gone back through my medical records nothing on file relating to alcohol dependency only misuse back in 2013. She is writing to the dvla medical dept to see if they will remove the dependency and either change it to past misuse or no alcohol issues in the past 7 years at least i feel progress going forward. She has tagged me on the email so see what happens going forward.
Should be all sorted from now 👍

Not so sure is anything straight forward with these. I went into see my Gp expecting zilch and having to prove 12 months abstaining yet again see where this goes. There was a thread a few weeks back they have 30 days to reply i thing that was a complaint though.

I hope it’s gonna work out for you but I did called and asked DVLA about my situation and they said they don’t know how long I do have to go through all this mentally,physically,emotionally draining process as DVLA are the one who make decisions so actually they are making their own rules 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️!!!! But I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR BLOODY MINDS UP WITH YOUR CASE 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Not so sure is anything straight forward with these. I went into see my Gp expecting zilch and having to prove 12 months abstaining yet again see where this goes. There was a thread a few weeks back they have 30 days to reply i thing that was a complaint though.
I went through similar, GP ticked dependant and then retracted it to misuse 4 years prior via email to the DVLA and had a 10 year license issued a week or two later.

It will be 10 days to get the already electronic email scanned onto the system then after that they have an unlimited amount of time to respond however I made sure once the 10 days had passed I emailed Tim Burton and also called every other day for updates.

GL but I don’t think you will need it if your GP has written that to them, judging on what happened with me you shouldn’t be in any doubt you will be driving soon mate.

I went through similar, GP ticked dependant and then retracted it to misuse 4 years prior via email to the DVLA and had a 10 year license issued a week or two later.

It will be 10 days to get the already electronic email scanned onto the system then after that they have an unlimited amount of time to respond however I made sure once the 10 days had passed I emailed Tim Burton and also called every other day for updates.

GL but I don’t think you will need it if your GP has written that to them, judging on what happened with me you shouldn’t be in any doubt you will be driving soon mate.
She has tagged my on the email once sent i will be emailing tim burton to i think it worked for you.

Thanks Kindly was in with the Gp for over an hour we chatted about this forum and the changes and info on the dvla policy. Seems we are more aware than they are and she is pretty clued up.
Hi,

My heart goes out to you, you already paid dearly for a mistake but they are dragging it out and basically keeping your license hostage...it is truly wrong.

A full reform of the DVLA should be put in place with immediate effect.
A mistake is that but once the dues have been paid, how on earth is it right to cause more stress?

Especially with the undercover video of how they were acting during covid....interrupted there Netflix?!? Putting other people's life on hold shocking was more important than carrying out there job!

Keep your head up!

Kind Regards,

Stu

I had a copy of the email my GP send to the dvla medical dept this afternoon so grabbed the bull by the horns and phoned the dvla. To my surprise she confirmed they had received it and it was with the medical team how long it will take to review is anyones guess but at least that part is done. Gp confirmed there was dependency evident in 2009 but after that only misuse documented up to 2018 then reduced levels of alcohol intake, within healthy limits til August 22 when he stopped drinking entirely.

Hi,

I still firmally believe that if convicted and do the Drink Driving Course BUT then it takes so long to be processed the 25% off does not really stand to how fast you can get your license back.

It is truly shocking.

Good luck mate, I wish you the best.

Kind regards,

Stu

I had a copy of the email my GP send to the dvla medical dept this afternoon so grabbed the bull by the horns and phoned the dvla. To my surprise she confirmed they had received it and it was with the medical team how long it will take to review is anyones guess but at least that part is done. Gp confirmed there was dependency evident in 2009 but after that only misuse documented up to 2018 then reduced levels of alcohol intake, within healthy limits til August 22 when he stopped drinking entirely.
Do you know what your cdt was this time?

Do you know what your cdt was this time?
CDT levels are only used by the dvla during the medical process i have not done a medical as they revoked my licence after declaring a small amount of alcohol. I am classed as alcohol dependent my doctor has emailed the dvla to ask them to review this and provided medical evidence.

CDT levels are only used by the dvla during the medical process i have not done a medical as they revoked my licence after declaring a small amount of alcohol. I am classed as alcohol dependent my doctor has emailed the dvla to ask them to review this and provided medical evidence.
Ah ok. I hope you manage to get everything sorted as I imagine it’s pretty stressful.

Ah ok. I hope you manage to get everything sorted as I imagine it’s pretty stressful.
Not let it get to me this time it can consume you if you let it easier said than done i know. My Gp has been fantastic i hope this sways in my favour having her support.

Not sure if this is relevant (or done already - apologies if so) but I managed to get my GP to state explicitly in my notes when I had stopped drinking alcohol. It’s there in black and white, and I’m sure it certainly helped with the medicals to follow.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off