Desperately need advice - "Alcohol Misuse"

Convicted Driver Insurance
Ok, appreciate that. And my final question, how do I “prove” that my drinking is “under control?” I’m assuming there are regular blood tests etc? And does that mean I essentially can’t drink to excess even on occasion, like for example, even if I go to a party once weeks and drink more than I usually would? (Not taking daily drinking, but if I had binge one day and then didn’t drink for the rest of the week)? I’m not sure how they measure it and how long alcohol stays in the body for.

DVLA would request a LFT test every 3 oaths so that is what you should request from your GP anyway to show controlled drinking.
As to amounts, while you are getting your status checked with your GP, or monitored by DVLA, you should stick to the 14 units, or even abstain.
8 nuts or more in one session is classed as a “binge.” Certainly that is not my understanding of what a binge is, but you need to understand what the official classification is.
A real ‘binge’ on one night can raise CDT (that is the test that DVLA use) for a week or so.

DVLA would request a LFT test every 3 oaths so that is what you should request from your GP anyway to show controlled drinking.
As to amounts, while you are getting your status checked with your GP, or monitored by DVLA, you should stick to the 14 units, or even abstain.
8 nuts or more in one session is classed as a “binge.” Certainly that is not my understanding of what a binge is, but you need to understand what the official classification is.
A real ‘binge’ on one night can raise CDT (that is the test that DVLA use) for a week or so.
Did you mean a test every 3 months? I just assumed it would be considerably more regular than that. Is it at set times, or just random?

i thought every 3 months, it seems my Ipad thinks it is every 3 oaths!
a LFT is not a snapshot in time, like a breath test, it rather it shows your general liver condition due to alcohol, but also other issues, over a period of time.

See some change of views between you both with a couple pointers. I am all for being anti drink driving but some of the stuff you guys quote is straight out of a text book. The way i read it was the GP was new and a doctor from the same practice will never go against another. That is why i said change doctors to get a different look on this. As for the intake its between 20.25 units with is nothing spread over a week.

If everyone who drank more than 14 units a week was banned from driving there would be no economy and millions of people would be bankrupt.

Here's some more on the subject:

I think 14 units is rediculously low. I use that figure because it's the figure that the DVLA want to hear. I don't see an issue with having 3 beers a night, however if you tell your doctor that you're consuming higher than that limit it can get you revoked.

Yeah, it sounds like it's straight out of a text book. But that's because the DVLA operate like they're working from a text book, personal circumstances aren't considered. I try to give advice based on the rules set out by the DVLA, rather than advice on my own personal opinion or drinking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off