Desperate for Advice Please!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pleasehelp2012

Hi
I was arrested last night for driving a Vespa while over the limit. I actually came off the bike and police happened to be there. They breathalised me and took me to the station where i blew 96.
I have no previous convictions, but i am extremely concerned about the possibility of a custodial sentance which would in effect ruin my life.
Can anyone offer some helpful advice on what i may be looking at and how to deal with this mess i have got myself into.

A very frightened idiot

Hi
I was arrested last night for driving a Vespa while over the limit. I actually came off the bike and police happened to be there. They breathalised me and took me to the station where i blew 96.
I have no previous convictions, but i am extremely concerned about the possibility of a custodial sentance which would in effect ruin my life.
Can anyone offer some helpful advice on what i may be looking at and how to deal with this mess i have got myself into.

A very frightened idiot

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alchol and a breath reading of 96 sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23-28 months. You are not likely to be sentenced to custody based on the facts you have provided, custody is only recommended for breath readings of 120+ and in some cases where alcohol levels are lower than this but there are extreme aggravating factors surrounding a case such as a serious accident. As a first time offender you are likely to benefit from the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which, once completed, can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

As your breath reading exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath you will be classed as a high risk offender. This means you will have to attend a DVLA medical in order to satisfy the DVLA of your fitness to drive before your driving licence will be re-issued upon expiration of your driving ban.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

No chance of a custodial sentence but you won't be driving for a couple of years, and you'll be spending your Saturdays stacking the shelves in Oxfam for the forseeable future. 96 in breath? I'm not surprised you fell off!

No chance of a custodial sentence but you won't be driving for a couple of years, and you'll be spending your Saturdays stacking the shelves in Oxfam for the forseeable future. 96 in breath? I'm not surprised you fell off!

Well, just to update you all on how things went, I think I got off relatively lightly all things considered. 24mths ban, with 3 mths off for doing the rehab course ( they didnt feel they could give me the 25% due to the high reading ). Also got a fine for £1500 which I duly paid on the spot, plus the costs £85 and victims support chg £15.

Ive learnt my lessons and am still reeling from the whole thing. Having a very stiff green tea right now!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off