DBS Check

Convicted Driver Insurance

techra

Hi there

I wanted to know if I can 'remove' the DD from my DBS report for jobs WFH where it's not relevant.

How would I do that ?

Thanks

Short answer is that you cannot had a conviction deleted. The choice of what is in record is not yours to make.

I had heard that it would remain for insurance purposes but for areas that it would not be relevant it could be hidden. T

Hi there

I wanted to know if I can 'remove' the DD from my DBS report for jobs WFH where it's not relevant.

How would I do that ?

Thanks

techra

You cannot remove cautions or convictions from a DBS! The only time this is done is if the conviction is quashed on appeal, and only then will someone working for the Home Office authorise its removal from the national database.

A standard conviction, such as drink driving, is a decarable 'unspent' conviction for five years. This will show up on any DBS check. Post five years, it is 'spent' and is only decarable in certain circumstances. A spent conviction will not be disclosed on a basic DBS, but it will continue to show up on an enhanced DBS check (for those posts where you may work with children). I am not 100% sure whether spent convictions are disclosable on standard DBS (after five years).

As for the job of working from home (or 'WFH') - without sounding blunt, it is down to the respective employers whether it is irrelevant or not. It is not down to you to decide it isn't!!!!!

I appreciate working from home may feel like it has no relevance to drink driving, but you still have a moral obligation to declare it to the employer. If you don't, then technically they could view it as misconduct if you secure the job and they find out about the conviction.

CJ

Hi there

They didn't ask for driving licence in the advert so I don't see the relevance. I have served my ban. Why would I have a moral duty to declare it ! They can't terminate my employment cause I don't possess a skill they never asked for.

Hi there

They didn't ask for driving licence in the advert so I don't see the relevance. I have served my ban. Why would I have a moral duty to declare it ! They can't terminate my employment cause I don't possess a skill they never asked for.
Hello it’s about honesty it’s not about the ban it’s about the conviction & if you don’t tell them then if it came up later. My work terminated someone for failing to disclose something. For DD - it’s 5 years for insurance,10 for licence & I think 5 for standard DBS for enhanced dbs it remains for certain enhancements
Basically under 5 years you have a live criminal conviction
Most contracts cover this issue it’s not about driving it’s the conviction
I would let employer know

Hello it’s about honesty it’s not about the ban it’s about the conviction & if you don’t tell them then if it came up later. My work terminated someone for failing to disclose something. For DD - it’s 5 years for insurance,10 for licence & I think 5 for standard DBS for enhanced dbs it remains for certain enhancements
Basically under 5 years you have a live criminal conviction
Most contracts cover this issue it’s not about driving it’s the conviction
I would let employer know
To be honest if they asked I wouldn't lie but if they dont ask. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of 'filtering'.

To be honest if they asked I wouldn't lie but if they dont ask. I was just wondering if anybody had any experience of 'filtering'.

techra

If the employer does NOT ask about your previous convictions then fair enough. Having applied for various jobs over the years myself, at least 90% of employers do ask about any criminality, which you are obliged to disclose.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off