Dates to apply for medical/license back etc

Convicted Driver Insurance

MT1977

Hi all

Hoping you can help and give me one definitive answer as I have heard and read so many things.... I just need to know timings for a few things.

Okay so, I was banned for 12 months on 4th aug 2010 and a reduction to 9 with driver awareness course. So due to end in April 2011. I'm sue to take course in Jan/feb burt have been told something like 56 days prior i can contact dvla.

What I need to know is:

When to apply for dvla medical
When to apply for licence back
When to request doctors medical

I am aware I will prob get told this on my course, however I am planning ahead an makiing sure I have the dates in my shiny new 2011 diary now.

I just need a chronological order of the best way to do things and what dates.

appreciate advice from all you driver about to f inish thier ban and ones that have finished.

Cheers

MT1977

Hi,

Errrm I'm not sure, I know it says I MAY need one. I think I'm just palnning ahead just incase. I failed to provide due to a medical condition but still classed as a HRo. So they dates would be good to know thanks.

MT:)

As you failed to provide a specimen for analysis you will be classed as a high risk offender and will need to complete a DVLA medical before a new driving licence will be issued to you.

As a high risk offender, you can apply for a new driving licence up to 3 months before your ban is due to expire.

Lots of information on the timescales involved in applying for a new driving licence and taking a DVLA medical as a high risk offender can be found in this thread.

hth

Hi there..

Cheers for reply... Some uselful info on that thread but its very long, confusing and lots of conflicting information.

I just want answer to the docs and dvla medical now... I already have 3 months prior to send DL off but would appreciate someone telling me the timings for booking these etc.

HELLLLPPPP

cheers

MT xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off