Cutting back on the booze for a medical..........................and 400 days later

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jimbob

Established Member
So on January 2nd 2020 I decided to do dry January and then cut down as I was due a medical in April 2020 what with blowing 101 one October day in 2018 I then got a bit peed off as obviously Covid arrived and medicals were all cancelled and thought I'd done so well not having a drink January to April. Big decision then was did I carry on without the booze, who knew when I'd get a medical.

Finally 30th September had medical and still no booze, ended up getting a CDT of 0.7..........so whatever anyone tells you or whatever you may read you aren't going to to return a CDT of 0.......it just doesn't happen and can't happen (unless you've got no pulse, you've been cremated or are six foot under may be the exception!!!!!)

Today not that I've been counting but just realised is 400 days since 2nd January 2020 and I'm still off the booze. Now before anyone asks yes I was obviously HRO but far from an alcoholic........yep I drank too much some evenings, some weeks I wouldn't drink at all.

What I'm getting at and not preaching to anyone is I hope before any one needs a medical is maybe look at things, are you happy with the way things have gone on before with your drinking, if not address it whether that's cutting down and having a few dry days a week or even buying lower alcohol content booze, there's loads of different options.

All I will say in conclusion is I'm now 41 and after 400 days off the booze I've never felt fitter, don't walk to shop anymore I have a jog or run, beer gut has gone, skin is a lot better, sleep better, dreams are better. Going booze free won't be for everyone but it is an option and you know what...........I'll never be worried again about a Police car driving behind me or past me and that perhaps is the best thing of all.

Stay safe folks.......oh and legal!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off