Current timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shotts85

Hi all who recently had or is going through the process of a cdt?

- how long did it take for DVLA to send you the medical doctors details etc after sending renewal form?

- How long is the wait to get an appointment with the doctor?

-how long did or has the process taken so far?

Also I didn’t think about weed in my system how many of you had urine samples taken?
(Stopped smoking it now but I am aware it stays in your system for a long time)

Many thanks

- how long did it take for DVLA to send you the medical doctors details etc after sending renewal form?

Also I didn’t think about weed in my system how many of you had urine samples taken?

Many thanks

All I will say is - ''how long is a piece of string?''

I sent off my D1 and my medical questionnaire this time last year (2021) and my 12 month temporary driving licence expired in January 2022. I am still waiting on my GP to complete their own questionnaire, that was sent to the surgery 6 months ago!!!!

Like I said - ''how long is a piece of string?''

CJ

I sent off my D1 and my medical questionnaire this time last year (2021) and my 12 month temporary driving licence expired in January 2022. I am still waiting on my GP to complete their own questionnaire, that was sent to the surgery 6 months ago!!!!

CJ
Your GP is an utter disgrace . Shameful .

Many thanks
Sent of licence application 17th Aug
On dvla system by 2nd Sept
Medical letter sent out 6th Sept
Ban finished 28th Sept
Cdt medical 18th Oct
Finally received results 4th Nov.
Letter sent to doc 9th Nov

No urine sample.

CJ
Do you think it’s your GP being incompetent or are they doing it deliberately ie disapproving of drink drivers? I had crossed my mind some may do this.

Do you think it’s your GP being incompetent or are they doing it deliberately ie disapproving of drink drivers? I had crossed my mind some may do this.

I actually believe the incompetence is down to the practice manager and the admin minions who work at my surgery and not necessarily the fault of the GPs who are clearly very busy people.

CJ

Many thanks
Yoo.. I got banned for drug driving and had to do a urine test also..

I stopped smoking for 75days (2months and 2weeks) I was also passing the home testing kits at 50nl/mg & 15nl/mg

01Aug: had urine test with DVLA

Mid October: DVLA contacted me saying they need to speak to my GP before issuing a license.

Late October: Letter came through to my house in which I had to sign, which authorizes my DVLA to contact my GP. (Letter signed and sent)

(I have been told this is for a medical questionnaire and for them to check my medical history/results to see if theres anything to do with dependency)

I phoned my GP last week to see if DVLA contacted them yet and they have said no. But my GP had been helpful an said they will contact me an let me know what DVLA are asking for before sending anything to them.

I actually believe the incompetence is down to the practice manager and the admin minions who work at my surgery and not necessarily the fault of the GPs who are clearly very busy people.

CJ
Yes!!! My surgery and the admin staff and practice manager are a complete shit show. Due to their errors and losing my paperwork I'm now looking at January to get my licence back,

CJ
I agree this 1trillion percent

Many thanks
Hi Shotts85

Here is my timeline for what it's worth. My GP took 9 weeks to reply, something I had no control over. Yours might be quicker or even longer. Who knows. It took me 210 days from applying,m so good luck.

BTW, is that Shotts, Lanarkshire?

ACTIONDAYSCOMMENT
Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had writtent to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​
GP returned letter to DVLA
24/01/2022​
Contacted DVLA
03/02/2022​
203Letter not yet on system. Takes 10 days from receipt. Told to call back then.
Licence Returned
10/02/2022​
2101 year licence - but who cares.

Evening Luna

I reckon my own wait will exceed your 210 days, although I have re-applied for my licence after a period on the road. I believe your own story was at the conclusion of a ban. I will share my own dates and timescale in due course whenever I get my next licence and it will be eye watering.

CJ

Evening Luna

I reckon my own wait will exceed your 210 days, although I have re-applied for my licence after a period on the road. I believe your own story was at the conclusion of a ban. I will share my own dates and timescale in due course whenever I get my next licence and it will be eye watering.

CJ
It was yes. I am about to apply for a new licence as my 'medical' 1 year licence is due to expire in February next year and I know I will be driving on S80.

It was yes. I am about to apply for a new licence as my 'medical' 1 year licence is due to expire in February next year and I know I will be driving on S80.

You mean Section 88!!!! Think of the two fat ladies who will keep you on the road.

CJ

Fastest ever for me.... Paperwork submitted first week Jan 2022 recorded of course, licence expired mid march, licence granted 21st November 2022 - 1 month quicker than last year!! whoo hoo!
(Ban ended 2019 / HRO / declared former dependence/teetotal since 10/2018, CDT always 1% or lower)

Fastest ever for me.... Paperwork submitted first week Jan 2022 recorded of course, licence expired mid march, licence granted 21st November 2022 - 1 month quicker than last year!! whoo hoo!
(Ban ended 2019 / HRO / declared former dependence/teetotal since 10/2018, CDT always 1% or lower)

Nice one. How long is your licence for this time around?

CJ

Still a 1 year renewal - but only took them 10 months!

I think it's a joke they are making you do this again in a year's time. I was put in the misuser category rather than dependant, so I am keeping my fingers crossed I will get a longer licence next time, but it seems that I'm likely to end up with yet another 12 month driving licence by the sounds of it.

CJ

I have a cdt test with dvla doctor got the letter from dvla on 6/2/23 how long do i have to book it in within ?
it was for drug driving.
Last time i smoked weed was on 23 January about 1gram n before that in December 2022 do you think id past the test if i book it in for march ? Not sure as im experiencing this test for the first time

I have a cdt test with dvla doctor got the letter from dvla on 6/2/23 how long do i have to book it in within ?
it was for drug driving.
Last time i smoked weed was on 23 January about 1gram n before that in December 2022 do you think id past the test if i book it in for march ? Not sure as im experiencing this test for the first time
If you are serious about regaining your licence you need to give up the drugs totally. Taking weed is not like drinking and stays in the system far longer not sure how long its stays in the blood or how the dvla test for drugs.

it was for drug driving.

If you are still smoking weed, you need to have a long hard think about whether you are still suitable to drive. Unfortunately, there are many people who go on to commit drug driving or drink driving a second time round because they don't address the error of their ways. In your case, I suspect you haven't learned from your drug driving experience and you are still using cannabis that is a criminal offence.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off