Criminal Record

Convicted Driver Insurance

liam3344

Hi I have just been banned for 12 months with an option to reduce it to 9 if i do the course. I have got 4/5 job interviews comming up and I will proberably be asked if i have any convictions or a criminal record. Any advice on if I must disclose this information. Do I have a criminal record? If so how long will it stay with me? Thanks Liam

Hello,

I too was banned for 12 months today. Reduced to 9 upon completion of rehab course.

In short the answers to your questions are as follows,

Yes you have a criminal record, this will stay with you for a long time I am affraid. I would imagine for at least 11 years because this is how long the DR10 will stay on your licence for.

Telling future employers is tricky, only you can make that decision. It will depend on whether your possible new job might entail some kind of vehicle driving. In which case you should be upfront and honest, that for at least the next 9 months you cant drive.

If it does not entail driving, then I would still probaly tell them about it. Employers look upon honesty and integrity as good traits in possible candidates. But this is just my own opinion and it would be down to you either way to tell them or not tell them.

I will give you an example, I have a test and interview for a trainee train driver position in June, now that I know I have been banned from driving I am about to disclose this information to them. I fully expect them to say that this is the end of my application. But I am choosing to be honest.

I wish you all the best for the future, today starts a new life for the pair of us. I actually used to drive for a living too as a courier driver, luckily for me they are offering me none driving work at my company. however half the money though. But I am very lucky to still have a job. I know this.

I will never drink drive again, I have totally learned my lesson.

Regards,

The Village Idiot.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off