Court tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sophiecat7

Well its nearly here and im absolutely terrified. 11am tomorrow i will be banned and god knows what else. Praying the press dont get hold of it and praying the judge is not totally horrible. Im trying to be strong , ive been through worse 😥

Reactions: TPR
Well its nearly here and im absolutely terrified. 11am tomorrow i will be banned and god knows what else. Praying the press dont get hold of it and praying the judge is not totally horrible. Im trying to be strong , ive been through worse 😥
Good luck.

Try not to worry, magistrates are human and will act with respect and decorum. Make sure you are dressed smart and be respectful to the bench (Sir/Madam etc.) 15 minutes of your life then you can move on. Most cases that do get reported in the local press are just one liners amongst other court cases if your local rag report on these. Remember that if they do, it is tomorrows chip paper. People will not take as much notice as you think they will, most of the people who read these columns in the paper are looking for their own name!

as you have a solicitor, you will only be asked to confirm your details, and to say if you plead guilty or not guilty. That’s it! Everything else will be done by your solicitor. Just pretend in your mind that you are watching a tv programme about a court case (but without the usual dramatic endings that they have!)

as you have a solicitor, you will only be asked to confirm your details, and to say if you plead guilty or not guilty. That’s it! Everything else will be done by your solicitor. Just pretend in your mind that you are watching a tv programme about a court case (but without the usual dramatic endings that they have!)
Thankyou , that made me smile 😁

I was in court a year ago last week, the court staff were lovely
Is someone going with you - go early & be prepared for a wait as you all get same time slot ie am or pm
In court you confirm name etc then the cps read out the charge then solicitor puts mitigation
Then bench go out to discuss then return they give you the outcome plus fine etc
Don’t forget to ask solicitor to ask for the driving course
Once it’s over you will feel better
Press - I have posted on this forum how I hit press big style due to my job & slow news day
That was a year ago today - that was hard but in your favour we have covid & a vaccine emerging so lots for press to be busy with
Tips
A) get to know public transport routes
B) don’t be afraid to ask friends or colleagues for lifts - I was lucky
Be kind to yourself - you will find our who your true friends are
I drive from the end of the month
Perhaps to nb you will survive
Good luck let us know how you get on

Good luck! I was so worried too about going to court and they were lovely with me, really nice to me. I imagined it would be like you see on tv (a high profile trial 😂😂, wigs, hammers etc 🙄 I CLEARLY watch too much tv). It was so understated, I barely had to say a word and it was over really quick.
I do feel your pain but honestly it’s not as bad you think....

I was in court a year ago last week, the court staff were lovely
Is someone going with you - go early & be prepared for a wait as you all get same time slot ie am or pm
In court you confirm name etc then the cps read out the charge then solicitor puts mitigation
Then bench go out to discuss then return they give you the outcome plus fine etc
Don’t forget to ask solicitor to ask for the driving course
Once it’s over you will feel better
Press - I have posted on this forum how I hit press big style due to my job & slow news day
That was a year ago today - that was hard but in your favour we have covid & a vaccine emerging so lots for press to be busy with
Tips
A) get to know public transport routes
B) don’t be afraid to ask friends or colleagues for lifts - I was lucky
Be kind to yourself - you will find our who your true friends are
I drive from the end of the month
Perhaps to nb you will survive
Good luck let us know how you get on
Thankyou so much. My partner is going with me but im not sure if he will be allowed in due to this Covid

Good luck! I was so worried too about going to court and they were lovely with me, really nice to me. I imagined it would be like you see on tv (a high profile trial 😂😂, wigs, hammers etc 🙄 I CLEARLY watch too much tv). It was so understated, I barely had to say a word and it was over really quick.
Thankyou so much x

Good advice from January, don’t punish yourself, you can’t change what’s gone before and I’m sure you won’t do it again. Move on, you’ll cope fine with public transport (because you have no choice) and keep your chin up

Don't worry about court theses people theyare no better than me or you they just punish us for our mistakes hold your head up high dress smartly respect the court and show remorse.if it makes the local paper deal with that then.remember if you still have a job and the kids are fed this is a start you will adapt to life without a car.remember be strong you have not hurt anybody and your ban will pass.make the days court don't count the days

Good luck Sophie

I read your previous posts. If you blew 73, you should fall under the HRO radar which means no intervention from the probation service and no DVLA medical at the end of your ban (providing this is your first offence).

When in the court - make sure you ask the court clerk for eligibility to do the drink driving course which will reduce your ban by 25%.

You'll probably find, you are in & out of court pretty quickly, unless you are unfortunate to be listed in the same court room as other cases the Magistrates are dealing with.

I suspect the Magistrates deal with all the straight forward cases first (namely yours) - so hopefully you will be home by 1pm (I was anyway!).

The court part is the hardest thing - once it is out of the way it is a weight off your shoulders. I wouldnt even worry about the press or it being mentioned in the local rag - today's news is tomorrow's chip wrappers!!!

CJ

you may if your solicitor is good get 12 months reduced to 9 with the course, and a s small fine,which you can can pay .monthly, the first 3months8f wiit easll be tricky..I bought an electric bike,made it easier to get around, the last months fyou dont drink ly by,dont drinj for a month if you arent drinking heavily, you will be ok

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off