Court tomorrow - scared, lonely

Convicted Driver Insurance

alison36

It’s my court date Tommorrow. I’m so scared of custodial I have 3 children I’m a single mum I don’t know whether to make plans for them. My son is 19 will they expect him to look after my 12 and 14 year old?!
I keep wondering whether ending it all would be better. This is the worst I’ve ever felt.
I’ve never had a criminal record, always worked.
I crashed my car and blood was 249. I’m over thinking trying to remember the incident and the police interview and I can’t. The charge sheet says driving over the limit would it say other charges if there was more? Please help me.

It’s my court date Tommorrow. I’m so scared of custodial I have 3 children I’m a single mum I don’t know whether to make plans for them. My son is 19 will they expect him to look after my 12 and 14 year old?!
I keep wondering whether ending it all would be better. This is the worst I’ve ever felt.
I crashed my car and blood was 249. I’m over thinking trying to remember the incident and the police interview and I can’t. The charge sheet says driving over the limit would it say other charges if there was more? Please help me.
To be honest you will have a 12month ban and a charge of £500...dont over think too much..you will be fine 1000%

I know it is hard but try not to worry too much. You will feel much better after tomorrow, I promise!

You 100% will not be going to prison. Given your reading, the calculator says;

Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: blood
  • Alcohol Level: between 207 and 275
  • No previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
  • A driving disqualification of 23 - 28 months; and
  • A Low to high level community order
Classed as High Risk Offender
Because the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Just remember, you will be at home tomorrow afternoon with your kids. Yes you will have a criminal record, but your kids will still have a mum. You will get through this, try to look forwards and not backwards. You cannot change what has happened, but you can control what happens going forwards. Learn from your mistake, keep your head down for a while and don't let this define you.

You won't be going to jail, and your case will be heard quicker than you probably imagine. Sounds like you've only been charged with the single offence, so court will be relatively simple. Get through tomorrow, then make plans for your future. You might not believe it right now, but you'll be OK.

Hi there. Please relax about tomorrow as best you can, it will come but it will also go, and you WILL get through it.

The above are all correct - there isn’t a cat’s chance in hell that you’ll go to prison (I’ve been to hell and back and I didn’t see a single cat during my itinerary). I too was worried about that - especially after the district judge botched my case with another - but as my lawyer said to me ‘if he sends you down I’m going with you’.

It’s important that you speak to the duty solicitor on arrival if you haven’t got one. Explain your situation. Explain any difficulties or pressures you’ve been facing lately in life. I know it’s a late stage now, but can you obtain any character references this evening? It all helps.

But what will be, will be. Worrying about it won’t help. Plenty of us know what all this is like, and make it out the other side just fine. So please don’t despair.

Last edited:
Hi how did it go ??? X

Hi how did it go ??? X
Hey I got 24 month ban but will reduce by 6 months if I do the course.
120 hours unpaid work, 25 rehab days and £230’fine.
I was also charged with assault of police officer as they decided today they saw on a video I kicked one.

Hey I got 24 month ban but will reduce by 6 months if I do the course.
120 hours unpaid work, 25 rehab days and £230’fine.
I was also charged with assault of police officer as they decided today they saw on a video I kicked one.
What a lovely surprise with the additional charge... Not! Hope you are okay with it all.... Its all done now, you can start to move on x

I'm sorry to hear about the additional charge, that must have been a surprise on the day and thrown you off, but the vrry worst has happened now. The only direction to move is forward and you can feel in control of your life again! I hope you're OK x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off