Court date

Convicted Driver Insurance

jan01

I'm in court tomorrow for drink driving. Terrified is an understatement. I'm trying to do a letter I can read out. If anyone has any ideas if what sort of things I should say please help.
Thanks

I'm in court tomorrow for drink driving. Terrified is an understatement. I'm trying to do a letter I can read out. If anyone has any ideas if what sort of things I should say please help.
Thanks
Admit what you have done & how you could have caused a fatality
Make sure you convey remorse
Impact on others
Out of character no previous etc if applicable
Apologies to impact on police tine resources court etc
Good luck
Don’t forget to ask for the driving course Pre leaving court

Thanks
[/QUOTE
Admit what you have done & how you could have caused a fatality
Make sure you convey remorse
Impact on others
Out of character no previous etc if applicable
Apologies to impact on police tine resources court etc
Good luck
Don’t forget to ask for the driving course Pre leaving court
Thanks for that. I will post how I got on 😩

Hello as January said.dress smartly and show remorse you will be in and out in no time hold your head high things will get better.good luck

Hi Jan,

Get a good night sleep (as much as you can), dress smartly and be remorseful.

Most people on these forums have been in your position and have got through it - we all make mistakes!

Good luck for tomorrow and don’t worry, it’ll be over before you know it.

Hi Jan,

Get a good night sleep (as much as you can), dress smartly and be remorseful.

Most people on these forums have been in your position and have got through it - we all make mistakes!

Good luck for tomorrow and don’t worry, it’ll be over before you know it.
Thank you so much 💖

The course mentioned is the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. The magistrates will probably offer it to you but if the forget, ask at the end of the case. It MUSSst be offered and accepted before you leave the court room. It will give you up to 25% off your ban

The course mentioned is the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. The magistrates will probably offer it to you but if the forget, ask at the end of the case. It MUSSst be offered and accepted before you leave the court room. It will give you up to 25% off your ban
Thank you I will put it on my notes ❤️

Best of luck. Every one deserves a second chance, as long as you are accepting your mistake that’s the main thing. It will be over soon.
Please update how it goes tomorrow. My partner is due to attend court in a couple of weeks time will be good to know what to expect.

Best of luck. Every one deserves a second chance, as long as you are accepting your mistake that’s the main thing. It will be over soon.
Please update how it goes tomorrow. My partner is due to attend court in a couple of weeks time will be good to know what to expect.
Of course I will. Thanks for your kind words❤️

Hi, how did your hearing went? X
It was scary but to be fair everyone was really nice. I did drive into a car I was lucky my insurance covered it. Anyway because of that they gave me 20 months ban, but offered me a course which gives 25% off. my fine was 239.00 which I was shocked by I thought it would be much higher. This could be because I am unemployed at the moment, they dont check this by the way.
I dressed smart told them how sorry I was and apologized to everyone involved. To be fair I don't really think that made any difference, but it can't hurt. So all in all it wasn't to bad experience 15 minutes and it was over. It's a ban but it's over with big weight off your shoulders and you can move on.
I hope that helps xx

It was scary but to be fair everyone was really nice. I did drive into a car I was lucky my insurance covered it. Anyway because of that they gave me 20 months ban, but offered me a course which gives 25% off. my fine was 239.00 which I was shocked by I thought it would be much higher. This could be because I am unemployed at the moment, they dont check this by the way.
I dressed smart told them how sorry I was and apologized to everyone involved. To be fair I don't really think that made any difference, but it can't hurt. So all in all it wasn't to bad experience 15 minutes and it was over. It's a ban but it's over with big weight off your shoulders and you can move on.
I hope that helps xx
Hi I am glad that it’s all over. The months are gonna go quickly. If you don’t mind me asking how much did you blew?

Hiya.
Well done, it takes nerves of steel going to court. I sobbed my heart out and shook like a leaf in the court room, was like a fish out if water aye.
That was 30th Dec 2019 and I also got 20 months reduced to 15 on completion of the course, which I started last Saturday.
I will never forget the night I got caught. I had a bad day, thought 2 bottles of wine would be enough but it wasn't so I drove to spar to get another. On the way back, 0.5 miles from my house (🙄🙄), I swerved to avoid a cat/dog and crashed in to someone's fence.
Had I bought 3 bottles this would have been avoided on that night but me getting caught was inevitable. I am so glad I got caught because I now have so much knowledge that I would never have known otherwise. The course is fantastic, you will learn a lot.
Look after yourself, be kind to yourself and take the lesson xx

Hiya.
Well done, it takes nerves of steel going to court. I sobbed my heart out and shook like a leaf in the court room, was like a fish out if water aye.
That was 30th Dec 2019 and I also got 20 months reduced to 15 on completion of the course, which I started last Saturday.
I will never forget the night I got caught. I had a bad day, thought 2 bottles of wine would be enough but it wasn't so I drove to spar to get another. On the way back, 0.5 miles from my house (🙄🙄), I swerved to avoid a cat/dog and crashed in to someone's fence.
Had I bought 3 bottles this would have been avoided on that night but me getting caught was inevitable. I am so glad I got caught because I now have so much knowledge that I would never have known otherwise. The course is fantastic, you will learn a lot.
Look after yourself, be kind to yourself and take the lesson xx
Thank you so much. This is the only place I am able to talk about it. I haven't told a sole I'm so ashamed that I couldn't control my drinking. It has taught a much needed lesson and I can move on xx

Thank you so much. This is the only place I am able to talk about it. I haven't told a sole I'm so ashamed that I couldn't control my drinking. It has taught a much needed lesson and I can move on xx
You may get in local paper but with covid it may just be one line - be be prep for it alth local papers are not printing in lockdown!
Find someone you can trust to support you I know it helped me - i hit press big style due to a previous press release & unusual name so search brought it up. I thought the works had ended but you survive & can thrive
You find out who your friends are & offers of lifts - Pre covid / shopping are from those who don’t expect as well
Be kind to yourself do the driving course get it out the way - get phone /train apps and take a day at a time
Re drinking -you know if it’s an issue for you if so address it before you get licence back
This is a chapter in your life that you now have to live through but you can write the content

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off