Court date

Convicted Driver Insurance

jan01

Hi I hope someone can help. I have my court date 15 Jan. I have not received a letter from the court to confirm this. Is this normal should I call them or just turn up?

You do not get any further confirmation than the bail date or summons date.
the court will only contact you if the case is delayed due to covid.
turn up unless you are advised of a new date.

You do not get any further confirmation than the bail date or summons date.
the court will only contact you if the case is delayed due to covid.
turn up unless you are advised of a new date.
Okay as we are in lockdown again should I still just turn up?

But don't take any pictures in court as that's a criminal offence and you don't want another indictment!!!!

The court building will certainly be open, the question is if particular cases are being put off or not.
the guidance to courts about being open is here:

It's not a local court to me it's about 2 hours on the train. I think it might be best to try to and call them. I dont want to go all that way for nothing. I just want to get this over with now 😩

I cannot recall anyone posting on this forum since the pandemic started where they have a bail date, turned up and found that their case has been cancelled. They either had been notified of a delay or their case went ahead, but by all means check for reassurance before a long journey... and that your train is going to be running as well!

I cannot recall anyone posting on this forum since the pandemic started where they have a bail date, turned up and found that their case has been cancelled. They either had been notified of a delay or their case went ahead, but by all means check for reassurance before a long journey... and that your train is going to be running as well!
Nightmare. Thanks for your help.

Try to get a couple of character references in writing to hand in. Employer plus someone of standing in the community, but not a relative.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off