Court adjourned

Convicted Driver Insurance

Depressedgirl123

Hello everyone I ve previously written on here but I made the worst mistake of my life back in April and drunk drove I hit 4 parked cars and blew 113 and got arrested. I was very sorry and co operated with the police.That was so humiliating and I have never been in trouble with the police. It’s my own fault of course which I totally understand Thankfully no one was hurt but I m so so embarrassed ashamed and feel guilty for what I have done.I cannot even leave the house I ve attempted suicide but I couldn’t even get that right.thankfully for my daughter.. and I know she needs her mother here even though I ve made a mistake if she lost me she wouldn’t have anyone.My court case was 26th april but was 3.45 so got adjourned for an all options report. I have been to probation and they have suggested a fine and a community order where I see probation for a period of time as I m not mentally well enough to carry out community service. I said I’d during my interview I would be happy to carry this out but the lovely probation officer said she didn’t feel I would be able to carry this out. After a 30 minute phone call and a 2 hour interview this is what she was going to write in her report. Do the majistrates or judge take notice of the report? The judge on my first case mentioned prison which I ve been so frightened about but my solicitor says it would even a suspended sentence at worse case but even so I m so so scared. I ve since received a letter from my council telling me they would be sending an invoice for damage I caused but I cannot remember. I m so so ashamed. Apart from working in the office twice a week I don’t leave the house I m too ashamed and feel I ve let everyone down which I have. I have court next Wednesday which I m struggling to come to terms with I walked in on my first case and people waiting outside didn’t seem to care. I m petrified of the press and being online for what I have done I can’t tell anyone how truly sorry i am for my mistake I won’t ever drive again. I feel like I need some support. No body can make me feel any worse than I already do I feel disgusted with myself and the shame I have bought on my family and friends is too much to deal with. I m so sorry to the people who’s cars I hit I hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive me at some point. Any help would be appreciated thank you

This post makes me want to reach out and give you a hug so much! Please please stop beating yourself up so much. I know it is easier said than done, but you will have your consequences in court and that's enough - we all have and will have our consequences to accept.

You can take this two ways - spiral in self shame, and let this sh*tty situation lead to further sh*tty outcomes or take it as a turning point in your life.

For me, I'm channeling those emotions elsewhere. I'm putting in extra effort at work to help me feel proud of a job well done. When I'm feeling anxious, I'll try and do something active to put the nervous energy to good use. When im having to get the bus, I read a book and actively tell myself how pleased I am to have time to read as I love it. I've stopped drinking and look forward to no hangovers or regrets of bad decisions.

It's all in the little things. Start your day and think about what you are grateful for, such as your daughter. This will get better but only if you are kind to yourself. If this happened to a friend I'm sure you would reassure them and remind them it was just a mistake and doesn't make you love them any less. Show yourself that sane kindness.

Please reach out if you ever need to talk but you've got this, I believe in you! X

This post makes me want to reach out and give you a hug so much! Please please stop beating yourself up so much. I know it is easier said than done, but you will have your consequences in court and that's enough - we all have and will have our consequences to accept.

You can take this two ways - spiral in self shame, and let this sh*tty situation lead to further sh*tty outcomes or take it as a turning point in your life.

For me, I'm channeling those emotions elsewhere. I'm putting in extra effort at work to help me feel proud of a job well done. When I'm feeling anxious, I'll try and do something active to put the nervous energy to good use. When im having to get the bus, I read a book and actively tell myself how pleased I am to have time to read as I love it. I've stopped drinking and look forward to no hangovers or regrets of bad decisions.

It's all in the little things. Start your day and think about what you are grateful for, such as your daughter. This will get better but only if you are kind to yourself. If this happened to a friend I'm sure you would reassure them and remind them it was just a mistake and doesn't make you love them any less. Show yourself that sane kindness.

Please reach out if you ever need to talk but you've got this, I believe in you! X
Fabulous post

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off