Course certificate, incorrect deets - does it matter?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bluberry

Well Known Member
I completed my course in October (which I really enjoyed btw), a week later when I checked DVLA online I saw my ban reduction had been applied (super speedy) and today I got my certificate through the post. However tho my personal details are correct, my ban date and court are incorrect. Does it matter? It’s just that when I originally got banned for 20 months the Court recorded it incorrectly as 3 yrs and I had to get the CPS to verify the actual ban length (thanks to the advice given on this forum by Price). It all turned out OK and DVLA corrected everything once the court had updated them but the ‘ban date’ recorded on the certificate is the date of the amendment a month later and not the original ban date, and the court although in the same county is down as in a different town.

I completed my course in October (which I really enjoyed btw), a week later when I checked DVLA online I saw my ban reduction had been applied (super speedy) and today I got my certificate through the post. However tho my personal details are correct, my ban date and court are incorrect. Does it matter? It’s just that when I originally got banned for 20 months the Court recorded it incorrectly as 3 yrs and I had to get the CPS to verify the actual ban length (thanks to the advice given on this forum by Price). It all turned out OK and DVLA corrected everything once the court had updated them but the ‘ban date’ recorded on the certificate is the date of the amendment a month later and not the original ban date, and the court although in the same county is down as in a different town.

Have you contacted the DVLA? It might be worth contacting them, incase it affects the new date your ban expires. I am assuming DVLA are updating hundreds of these every day, so it's probably an over sight someone has made. Nice of you to mention Price1367 - he no longer contributes to this forum, so he is sadly missed by many.

CJ

Have you contacted the DVLA? It might be worth contacting them, incase it affects the new date your ban expires. I am assuming DVLA are updating hundreds of these every day, so it's probably an over sight someone has made. Nice of you to mention Price1367 - he no longer contributes to this forum, so he is sadly missed by many.

CJ
Thanks CJ, my ban end date with the course reduction is correct, I’m probably being a bit paranoid as I don’t want a question around admin to potentially put a spanner in the works when it comes to reapplying for my license. Agree Price1367 will be very much missed here, in my case if it wasn’t for his advice on contacting the CPS I would still be on a 3 year ban. The court was adamant it was 3 years and it was only by getting the CPS to show them their records that my ban was in fact 20 months that persuaded them to change it, which to be fair they then actioned straight away.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off