Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
You cannot send the D1 before the 90 day mark because it will just be sent back, not held pending the 90 day mark arriving......

Evening all, can anyone tell me the best way to go about getting in contact with DVLA in regards to trying to get info required to book a medical please? They received my D1 2 weeks ago but I’ve not heard anything and thought I should start chasing them now as only 6 weeks until my ban is up. Thanks

I can always get through on this number ‭0300 790 6806‬. I am still awaiting to hear about my medical my ban was up June 🙈 There are a lot of delays

TPR

Am I right in thinking, you can only send the D1 when you reach the 90 day milestone? Presumably, did you have to work out the dates yourself if the DVLA didn't contact you.

Regards

CJ
That’s right. I just did a date thing in excel and dragged it down to 90 days :)

Thanks for that Lucy0505, I just spoke to them on first try! My application has been scanned on the system 4th August a week after I sent it in and is now being reviewed. The guy also gave me my M number without any hesitation, does anyone know if I can now try and book a medical or do I need to wait for DVLA to contact me still?

Phone call from the DVLA complaints department today saying I can drive from midnight :)

D1 application sent in 1st April, medical on 9th July, GP contacted and we filled in the DD2 form 31 July. 19 weeks in total :-(

CDT 1.0% after not drinking at all for 16 months which surprised me as I thought it would be lower. Apparently fruit juices and other sugary carbohydrates can affect it so be aware.

Been a long few months but the battle is won. Just bought insurance at a cost of £2300 total!

Thanks for that Lucy0505, I just spoke to them on first try! My application has been scanned on the system 4th August a week after I sent it in and is now being reviewed. The guy also gave me my M number without any hesitation, does anyone know if I can now try and book a medical or do I need to wait for DVLA to contact me still?

WHAT!!! I don’t understand this! Mine was scanned in July and they will not give me any number 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am getting sick and tired of this I can’t work until I have my car and having to turn work down as I need to drive for my job

Could someone please tell me how a CDT test works... and what's my reading possibly going to be after 45days clear of alcohol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been reading the above posts.
Here's my experience:
Ive sent my d1 soon as i reached the 90 day mark.
2 months later got letter for medical last week,and I'm NOT a key worker ( i did emailed + complained through )

Could someone please tell me how a CDT test works... and what's my reading possibly going to be after 45days clear of alcohol
You should be alright.. if you don't have liver problems or a serious alcohol abuse in the past.
CTD is when you have your blood taken and they check your Liver enzymes.
Some people here passed with 2/3 weeks clear of alchool Before medical but i would advise to stay off the drink completely till after the test.

You should be alright.. if you don't have liver problems or a serious alcohol abuse in the past.
CTD is when you have your blood taken and they check your Liver enzymes.
Some people here passed with 2/3 weeks clear of alchool Before medical but i would advise to stay off the drink completely till after the test.
It's been like 45days clean I have another 4 weeks before my test

It's been like 45days clean I have another 4 weeks before my test
You should be OK with the CDT. It is really only checking for recent large volumes of alcohol on a regular basis. If you have 45 days clear with another 28 days on top, you should come in at the normal range which will be OK. Half life of CDT reported to be around 2 weeks, meaning that every 2 weeks, your CDT reading will be around 1/2 what it was previously. Take into account however that you cannot get a zero reading, as there is always a background level - if you get around an 0.6% reading, that is proof of abstinence for a decent period of time.

You should be OK with the CDT. It is really only checking for recent large volumes of alcohol on a regular basis. If you have 45 days clear with another 28 days on top, you should come in at the normal range which will be OK. Half life of CDT reported to be around 2 weeks, meaning that every 2 weeks, your CDT reading will be around 1/2 what it was previously. Take into account however that you cannot get a zero reading, as there is always a background level - if you get around an 0.6% reading, that is proof of abstinence for a decent period of time.
That's very useful information there thank you.. just one last thing if you may help me... so would I need to get a reading of 0.6% to prove that I have abstained for one year

That's very useful information there thank you.. just one last thing if you may help me... so would I need to get a reading of 0.6% to prove that I have abstained for one year
No. Everyone is different, however the DVLA would be looking for a level of less than 1.0% for proof. People who have not been classified as dependent are expected to get below 1.6%, but as I say if you have abstained for so long there should be no issue unless you had a really high level before abstinence. Good luck and keep up the tea-tolalness!!!

Afternoon all - I've been watching this thread with interest and I congratulate everyone who has received their licence back or are well on the way to doing so....good luck to those still waiting also.

My disqualification ended last week and I finally had an hastily arranged medical yesterday after DVLA contacted me last week. I was honest on the forms and told them I last drank on the last Saturday of July - this was before I had heard anything regarding a possible medical....it was a day/night session after a couple of weeks without drinking any alcohol at all and I had abstained in the 9 days leading up to my medical - which was only confirmed on Monday. I'm obviously now fretting that my CDT level could show as raised from that day, even though I'm not and have never been dependent on alcohol and only drink socially at weekends or on special occasions....

Would my CDT level only be high if I was a regular heavy drinker or could that one off 'session' cause the level to be higher than usual and class me as a test fail?

Thanks - Matt.

Hi Matt,
how did you get on with the results if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks

Hi
I have received an email stating they will be contacting my gp. I have a consultation on Thursday with the gp, what questions should I be asking and also does anyone have the form that the gp fills out. Any advice ?
Thanks

Hi
I have received an email stating they will be contacting my gp. I have a consultation on Thursday with the gp, what questions should I be asking and also does anyone have the form that the gp fills out. Any advice ?
Thanks

Hiya This is the form the doctor fills out for you. Mine did it with me over the phone.

Attachments

• FOIR8030 DD2 attachment.pdf
    503.9 KB · Views: 37
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off