Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
I appreciate there are quite alot of updates on here. Are the DVLA still only allowing medicals for people who fall into the key worker category?

CJ

Just a quick update. I've had my medical today. The Doctor said it usually takes a couple of weeks to process etc so to expect to hear from DVLA in a few weeks. My ban isn't over until August 31st, so if I don't hear anything beforehand, I'll contact DVLA at the start of August to see where I stand. The doctor did say that they're starting to get DVLA referrals coming through agsin and that I was one of the first few this week.

I appreciate there are quite alot of updates on here. Are the DVLA still only allowing medicals for people who fall into the key worker category?

CJ
I am a key worker, was mentioned to DVLA once I could get through to them on phone to update my file.The medical doctor was asking if I was key worker not to block or stop medical but out of surprise that a DVLA request for medical had been faxed through, he has a perfect set up and time for medicals...
Go figure

Hi mate when you applied for your license as a key worker did you send the DS1 questionnaire along with the D1 application?

This thread should be renamed "Coronavirus for key workers HRO's"
Lots of key workers here so it's pretty confusing for someone who's not

Hi yazz64
Do you know what your cdt levels came back as, this is all too much to I thought once sentenced you do your time and ok a medical but all the gp reports from years ago is bloody madness, murderers do half there sentence and there out,

I am a critical worker so when I asked the dvla if they want paperwork from my work to proof this they said no it's ok we are putting you down as priority one, and I now have a medical, so the dvla dont know who is a key worker or not, the system is a shambles and our licences are in the hands of an incompetent outfit.

I am a critical worker so when I asked the dvla if they want paperwork from my work to proof this they said no it's ok we are putting you down as priority one, and I now have a medical, so the dvla dont know who is a key worker or not, the system is a shambles and our licences are in the hands of an incompetent outfit.

Was just about to say the same. Anyone can claim they're a key worker. They aren't asking for proof. Not that I'm encouraging anyone to falsley claim to be a key worker ?

Got a courtesy call from the DVLA two days ago to say my license has been reinstated.
had my medical on 19th June and I’m a key worker. I’d also lodged a stage one complaint.
I just kept on at them. I used the online ‘contact us’ email type thing on the DVLAs website. I was always nice and polite.
I was expecting them to write to my GP and to have a fight on my hands but they didn’t.
Felt so good getting on the road yesterday. Insurance was eye watering but that’s for another post.
Keep keeping on everyone, there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi Everyone, I am asking for some advice. I am an HRO, key worker, awaiting a medical after sending in my fee and application and receiving the standard letter that no medicals are being booked for the foreseeable future which was dated 8th June 2020. My disqualification ends on 6th July. I sent my application to Lee Jones but didn't include a covering letter about being a key worker. Apparently my application is now with the medicals team. Any advice gratefully received.

Hi when do you receive the medical questionnaire?
As I have still not received any medical letter from the DVLA my qualification ends on the 15th July. I also sent a letter stating I was a keyworker.

I've never heard of a medical questionnaire being sent to home addresses or even seen a forum member stating this, I've not had anything like that and my medical is next week.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off