Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Dear all, I have just had a phone call from DVLA and my license was issued today. I can drive. I think the key to getting a response from the dvla is to go through their complaints system. Make a stage 1 complaint and when you dont get anywhere with that, make a stage 2 complaint, I made one yesterday and got the call this morning. You will have to wait two weeks after your stage 1 to make a stage 2.

Thanks Mike. Just spoke to the lovely lady at reception and she is going to request my paperwork for me. She said they’ve been taking up to four days to get back to her so she said to call next Tuesday because of the bank holiday to get an update. I’m not hopeful as I’ve been calling the DVLA everyday they defiently have my number saved and my case file is probably flagged so most likely won’t send my paperwork to them out of principal for what they’ve told me everyday but fingers crossed!!!! Thanks so much for posting and giving me a little bit of hope. Good luck with your medical process too hope you get your results and license soon!
My license was issued today

Congratulations Mike that’s great news! Bet you’re over the moon! Wow that was a quick turnaround too, didn’t you say you had your medical on the 1st of May? Brilliant stuff, hope luck is on my side like it is yours!
Thanks very much, yep I had my medical on the 1st May, so fingers crossed you get the same turnaround, but if I was you, as soon as the practice has your paperwork, I would put in a stage 1 complaint about how they have handled it.

How can you go about a medical this is driving me mental now

LLeightonAveley Medical Centre, 22 High Street, South Ockendon, Aveley, Essex, RM15 4ADAVELEYEssexluis.leighton@nhs.net01708 865128 or 07748984498
  • Asbestos
  • Lead

This is who I contacted to get my medical, these details are available on the health and safety executive website. When is your ban up.

Well done on finally getting your license back @mikec! You are an example to show it really can be done. Can you point me to the right place where to make the stage one complaint please. And a link to the heath and safety executive website where the doctors details are please.

I’m sure I used that complaints form a week or so ago, (just spoke to the DVLA and they said they’ve sent me a “lengthly” letter in reply to my complaint which does not sound good!). I can’t see how you would escalate from a stage one to a stage two complaint though?

I’m sure I used that complaints form a week or so ago, (just spoke to the DVLA and they said they’ve sent me a “lengthly” letter in reply to my complaint which does not sound good!). I can’t see how you would escalate from a stage one to a stage two complaint though?
I would have thought that the letter they will send you should have the esculation procedure, but if not, I just went onto the website put in a new complaint and pointed out it is a stage 2 complaint.

I’m hoping the medicals resume soon as my ban is up 26/6/20.
And I’m trying to find any DVLA doctors in Leicester. If anyone know of any please message and let me know.
thanks

If I was you guys I would fill in the dvla form applying for your license, if you dont get a response in 4 weeks, I would raise a stage 1 complaint.
Hi,how do i do that?
-My ban expires on 27 August+i need a medical first..(i very much doubt dvla will get in touch with me to renew licence/medical)

If I was you guys I would fill in the dvla form applying for your license, if you dont get a response in 4 weeks, I would raise a stage 1 complaint.
I have already filled a D1 and they received it on the 1/4/20. And I got the generic letter to say all medicals are suspended until further notice. So do you recommend making a complaint or just wait it out?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off