Coronavirus for HROs

Convicted Driver Insurance
Anyone had to fill in a Separate questionnaire for mental health, I’ve just called for an update and they said they’ve posted a mental health questionnaire for me to fill in

Anyone had to fill in a Separate questionnaire for mental health, I’ve just called for an update and they said they’ve posted a mental health questionnaire for me to fill in

i have just phoned the DVLA and I have to complete this form too - the doctor has to complete a medical form too. They have emailed the mental health form over to me. It’s just general questions about medication you may be on and the last time you saw your GP regarding any issues you have. Then the usual questions asking if you have abused alcohol/drugs.

i have just phoned the DVLA and I have to complete this form too - the doctor has to complete a medical form too. They have emailed the mental health form over to me. It’s just general questions about medication you may be on and the last time you saw your GP regarding any issues you have. Then the usual questions asking if you have abused alcohol/drugs.

oh really they said they can’t email it to me. I’ve completed the medical form they are saying is a mental health questionnaire. I’ve already had my medical

oh really they said they can’t email it to me. I’ve completed the medical form they are saying is a mental health questionnaire. I’ve already had my medical

I have had my medical too, just over 2 weeks ago! The lady on the phone was really helpful and just said it’s because something relating to mental health has been declared in last 3 years. The lady told me my CDT level was 0.07 and I had stopped drinking for 3 weeks so it’s just this holding it up now!

Last edited:
Did you answer yes to any of the mental health questions on the questionnaire the doc filled out with you at the medical? You had your medical on the same day as me. I said no to them all and when I called yesterday for a update they told me there wasn’t one. Just wondering if I’ll be sent one too 🙄

I have had my medical too, just over 2 weeks ago! The lady on the phone was really helpful and just said it’s because something relating to mental health has been declared in last 3 years. The lady told me my CDT level was 0.07 and I had stopped drinking for 3 weeks so it’s just this holding it up now! The phone number I used was 01792 662840 you May get more sense or get them to email the questionnaire using that number?

just called them again they won’t email it Over. Yeah I was truthful on the forms and said I had suffered with depression and came off all medication over a year ago.
I’ll try that number - thank you

Did you answer yes to any of the mental health questions on the questionnaire the doc filled out with you at the medical? You had your medical on the same day as me. I said no to them all and when I called yesterday for a update they told me there wasn’t one. Just wondering if I’ll be sent one too 🙄

I was supposed to be driving in June and they have me down as starting a new job as soon as my license is through and a key worker hence why I’ve been pushed up the queue I think

I was supposed to be driving in June and they have me down as starting a new job as soon as my license is through and a key worker hence why I’ve been pushed up the queue I think

it’s a nightmare. Same, my disqualification ended June also. Looks like I’ll be waiting another couple of weeks still yet!
I hope you get it sorted ASAP!

it’s a nightmare. Same, my disqualification ended June also. Looks like I’ll be waiting another couple of weeks still yet!
I hope you get it sorted ASAP!

it doesn’t indeed doesn’t it, it seems at the moment like it’s never ending 😭

Hi

Can anyone give a rough guide to current timescales for DVLA receiving blood results and doctors paperwork report from the DVLA Medical Examination. I am asking as DVLA have had my GP's report for several months but like many other people the fly in the ointment has been getting the DVLA Medical itself !!. I have my medical next week and wondered the timescale from that point onwards?.

Thanks

Lucy 0505

If the form you are referring to is the M1, this can be accessed On Line which may be quicker than waiting for it to be posted.

I have my HRO medical coming up at the end of the month. I have abstained from alcohol for some time and will continue to do so. It should be about 8 weeks total sobriety in advance. Before this i used to drink 2 days a week, averaging probably a pint or two and a bottle of wine on a friday and a saturday night. (each night about 15 units i guess).
I have a medichecks test scheduled for a couple of weeks before the HRO - just to check where i am with the CDT level. My plan is to be under the 1.0 number with the medichecks and if for some reason it is not - to delay the Medical for a couple of further weeks.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how to best "lower my score". I have read
1) dont over exercise
2) cut out caffeine
3) drink lots of water
4) eat citric fruit
5) regular saunas.
All of which would seem to promote a healthy liver (except point 1). But would be bizarre if they aided in a highly specific test such as the one for CDT .
Any advice or pointers would be gratefully received. Particularly around the exercise point ,as i joined a gym specifically to try and promote a healthy liver function and am now considering waiting to use it until after the test.

Sorry if this has already been asked on this or another thread. I've suffered with mental health issues for years but only documented with the doctors around the last 5 years or so. So they do have my records for PTSD and anxiety and the medication I'm prescribed for these diagnosis's. My drinking etc. is all under control so panic over on that side of things but I keep seeing more and more about mental health now being a key factor in deicision making via DVLA. Anyone know much about what they are looking for in terms of your mental health and what they deem fit and not when issuing your renewal ?

Sorry if this has already been asked on this or another thread. I've suffered with mental health issues for years but only documented with the doctors around the last 5 years or so. So they do have my records for PTSD and anxiety and the medication I'm prescribed for these diagnosis's. My drinking etc. is all under control so panic over on that side of things but I keep seeing more and more about mental health now being a key factor in deicision making via DVLA. Anyone know much about what they are looking for in terms of your mental health and what they deem fit and not when issuing your renewal ?

This link shows you the best description I have seen about what is reportable to DVLA, have a look and see if it helps.....:

I have my HRO medical coming up at the end of the month. I have abstained from alcohol for some time and will continue to do so. It should be about 8 weeks total sobriety in advance. Before this i used to drink 2 days a week, averaging probably a pint or two and a bottle of wine on a friday and a saturday night. (each night about 15 units i guess).
I have a medichecks test scheduled for a couple of weeks before the HRO - just to check where i am with the CDT level. My plan is to be under the 1.0 number with the medichecks and if for some reason it is not - to delay the Medical for a couple of further weeks.
Can anyone offer any advice as to how to best "lower my score". I have read
1) dont over exercise
2) cut out caffeine
3) drink lots of water
4) eat citric fruit
5) regular saunas.
All of which would seem to promote a healthy liver (except point 1). But would be bizarre if they aided in a highly specific test such as the one for CDT .
Any advice or pointers would be gratefully received. Particularly around the exercise point ,as i joined a gym specifically to try and promote a healthy liver function and am now considering waiting to use it until after the test.

Any of the items on your list will make you feel better, except from not exercising much, but I have my doubts that they really have any significant effects on your CDT score.

Reactions: TPR
Finally got medical on Monday after it being pushed back.

does anyone know what the likely timescale is after the medical? I’ve not drank for 2 months and barely drank for the entire year really so zero chance of failing it. What’s the quickest possible turnaround after it as my ban expires this Friday.

For the questionnaire. Will it flag me up if I’ve had 6+ units around 10 times in the last year? I assume that’ll be fine.

Finally got medical on Monday after it being pushed back.

does anyone know what the likely timescale is after the medical? I’ve not drank for 2 months and barely drank for the entire year really so zero chance of failing it. What’s the quickest possible turnaround after it as my ban expires this Friday.

For the questionnaire. Will it flag me up if I’ve had 6+ units around 10 times in the last year? I assume that’ll be fine.

I had my medical two weeks ago today, it’s still not been looked at by anyone at dvla! So I’d say chances of getting it back by Friday are zero 🙄

Hi folks, hoping to finally get my medical next week.

regarding the questionairre, they won't decline my application for drinking more than 6 units around 10 times in the last year will they? Barely drank since April. No issues with them contacting my GP as zero history of any alcohol misuse/abuse.
Scottish, if you put more than 6units at any one time, it's a massive Red flag For dvla, I know that's crazy in reality but be aware

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off