Contacting my GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hopefull

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. My driving ban is over in November but after finding this forum I have realised that I need to talk to my gp because I have mentioned to him in the past how stressed I am. Every time I call I wait for about 45 min just to get to reception. After about a week of bugging them they got some dr that does not work there to call me. In the 4 years I was with the practise I speak to someone different every time. I am so worried about them calling my gp I have no clue what they have put on my records. I am a care worker and depend on my licence to work I have beg and pleaded but they just say there is no availability for appointments😭

Hi everyone. My driving ban is over in November but after finding this forum I have realised that I need to talk to my gp because I have mentioned to him in the past how stressed I am. Every time I call I wait for about 45 min just to get to reception. After about a week of bugging them they got some dr that does not work there to call me. In the 4 years I was with the practise I speak to someone different every time. I am so worried about them calling my gp I have no clue what they have put on my records. I am a care worker and depend on my licence to work I have beg and pleaded but they just say there is no availability for appointments😭
2 Ways to go about this as i see it. Do you have any history on your medical records related to alcohol issues ? Are you classed as HRO this depends on what you blew and got done for or if you failed to provide a breath test.

2 Ways to go about this as i see it. Do you have any history on your medical records related to alcohol issues ? Are you classed as HRO this depends on what you blew and got done for or if you failed to provide a breath test.
I am a HRO and have mentioned to gp that I have wine at night because I can’t sleep because I could not stop worrying about losing my job and not getting my visa and being separated from family if I had to move back to South Africa she then subscribed sertraline in august which did not help and then amitripteline in November and some sleeping tablets. I managed to get my visa in December after waiting for over a year because of court cases because I was fighting the drink charges. I was at my home when I drank and about a hour before that a 19 year old girl and her boyfriend called police to say I cut some one off and drove over a island she even sat in the car there until they arrived it was about 50 min We had toxicology reports done and the police said I was slurring but on the body cam you can see I talk perfectly and I am fine but they still believed them over me after all the evidence. And I look her up on Facebook she worked at a bar and her and her boyfriend fisted his grandparent in Scotland when we were not allowed to travel or leave our houses but according to them she is more credible So since June 2019 I went to court 3 times £12000 later. Losing my job while my husband did not have a job then covit put all on hold. Part of this in incident my son 4 at the time started acting up in the car took off all his clothes and jumped out of the car but naked tuning around for me to catch him so I was n bit distracted while driving but not from alchol and did not drive over a island. They inspected my car and could not find a mark. Then only 1,5 hours later I was breathalyzed. Should have just say I am sory even if I was not guilty at magistrate court and would get 12 month ban and it would have been long in the past. So I have no idee what they put on my medical record and can’t speek to any one to give me information. I get as far as resorption and then the will make a note for someone to contact me but by reading all these posts I should have made appointments with them months ago to proof to them I am fine now. But all I get is I can contact them when I received the medical forms from dvla.

You can register on Patient Access to view your medical records https://www.patientaccess.com/

You will need a registration letter from your GP as this will contain a code for you to register, so you would have to contact them, but they may be able to email it to you (mine did) guess it depends on the GP

Hi there does that show everything on your medical records thanks
Hi, yea basically, every time you've been to the docs and something has been logged, it will show here. For example, my immunisations go all the way back to being 5 months old.

Here is what menu column for reference
Screenshot_20220707_212240.jpg

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off