Complicated

Convicted Driver Insurance

Copperwasher

At the start of June 2021, I got pulled over by the police, after a short pursuit I pulled over because I didn't have the fuel to carry on evading them. They had been made aware that I was saying my goodbyes to people and was intending on taking my own life. Because I have a history of mental health issues, and previously been sectioned because of being caught in the act of trying to commit suicide, I became an immediate missing person concern, hence why I got pulled over. I wasn't pulled over for suspicion of drink or drugs, but because I had had a drink, they then insisted that was the reason they pulled me over. It wasn't, I was pulled over for my own well being! I blew a lower reading of 43 at the station, only at this point was I arrested and charged with that offence. I was then released in the morning on unconditional bail, and immediately detained again under the mental health act, and taken to hospital for assessment! I feel this is a miss carriage of justice, furthermore I am homeless, and sleep in my car, so if I lose my license, I lose my last shred of hope to build myself back up, and essentially lose my home too! Please advise

Surely this isn't a charge that can stand any ground? As it seems to me it's just a way to recoup something financially for their efforts, and to add another number to their statistics for brownie points!? Because if this was the reason I was pulled over, I would also be being charged with evading police, dangerous driving etc! Surely given the situation at the time, is mitigating circumstances not a viable option to get the charge dropped, in an effort to keep my license, but sustain other punishment instead, so everyone feels like justice has been served accordingly!?
Thanks in advance
Nathan

So would I be best to plea not guilty, in an effort to get my version of events heard? Or will they give me that option anyway?

Thanks again
Nathan

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off