Completed course, received certificate, DVLA shows no reduction in ban yet?

Convicted Driver Insurance

TimLake

Hi, I got 24 month ban in August 2018. I got offered to do the course which would result in a 25% reduction - meaning Feb ‘20. I did the course with TTC and i found it useful and informative.

I received my 2 copies of certificates of completion after I completed the course in Late November (I wanted to get it over with asap).

I have checked on the DVLA website and my ban hasn’t been reduced to February and still says August.

The information in the letter received from TTC says I need to send my copy of the certificate off at the ‘appropriate time’. I don’t know when this is.

I know that the DVLA will contact me 90 Days before my ban ends (HRO) but this should be 90 Days before my reduced ban and not August.

When should I send the certificate and should the DVLA already be informed?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

You should get a form D1 from the post office straight away and send it off with the correct fee (£90) to DVLA. Send one copy of the certificate with your application. If the court have not notified DVLA that will trigger them to check with the court that your ban has been reduced. You have lost a lot of the 90 days already as the application should have been made in November. DVLA would not write to you about applying because their system is set up to send the letters out just 90 days before the end of the ban - and presumably they were not notified by the court until early December. They do not sent out the form “because 90 days was 10 days ago.”

I had this problem to...contacted the courts and they were useless then contacted TTC and they sent certificate to DVLA and my online DVLA info was updated about 3 weeks later to show the reduction...don't panic as it will be sorted.

Please help me I got exact problem
Passed mine on March and in DVlA website
Not changed anything !!
Contacted court no reply
I still have one year till get my Licence back but I wanna get over this and just waiting for my licence

if you did a course then it will depend on the length of the reduction you were offered.
If you did not do / we’re not offered/ a course then you can apply 3 months before your ban is due to expire.
If you think you have grounds to apply to the magistrates court for the restoration of your licence early, due to hardship to others or job opportunities then you can apply after half of your ban has elapsed, subject to a minimum time of 2 years, so you can apply at the 2 year point.

If you blew over 87.5 then you are a high risk offender and you can apply 90 days before your ban ends. If you blew less than 87.5 then you can apply 56 days before your ban ends.

If you live in England, Scotland or Wales then the DVLA will send you your application whenever you're able to apply. If you live in Northern Ireland then you can't apply until your ban is up.

i wasnt offered the course in compulsary drink impaired drivers programme which i completed and got a certificate i did read over 87 but a car is very important as im a outreach support worker would i write to the courts to ask or dvla it will be 2yrs in 2020

You can apply to the magistrates that you were banned at 2 years from the date you were banned. Some courts allow you to apply a few weeks before the 2 years so you can get a hearing when the 2 years is up but some do not.

Contact the court you were banned at and ask what process they follow in regards to early return of a licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off