Completed course on March 2019 received certificate . Nothing changed in DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
I have completed course match 2019 and received my certificate but when I checked DVLA
I can’t see any reduction!!?

Contacted local court and no one picking up that bloody phone ? ?

I still have a year until getting my Licence back, I want to get over this and not worry anymore!

Any advice please?

When you got your certificates did you post or bring the original certificate to the admin team of the court you were convicted in? If not you need to do this asap, if so then you need to pester the DVLA to check with the court that the certificate has been provided to them. The copy certificate you received with the original is for your own records.

You do not normally need to contact the court after your course.
Ring your course provider and check that they have despatched the certificate, the court will only act on notification from the provider that the course has been completed. Ask nicely for the provider to notify the court again that you have completed, then see what happens. The court should notify DVLA within a couple of weeks of receiving the certificate.

Sorry just remembered we were told on our course that it's only in NI that we have to provide the certificate to the court ourselves. My mistake!

When you got your certificates did you post or bring the original certificate to the admin team of the court you were convicted in? If not you need to do this asap, if so then you need to pester the DVLA to check with the court that the certificate has been provided to them. The copy certificate you received with the original is for your own records.
No I haven’t told anything.
Sorry I have missed something here ?
When called dvla, they gave me my local court number and after 20-30 minutes I got through court and someone answered the phone.
I explained the situation and she said I can’t find the certificate from course provider.
She also said email address I gave them is wrong!
Then I have contacted my course provider and told them what I have been told.
Course provider took my details and called me next day, they have checked, called the court apparently and sent us an email.

So, I understand court are not helpful at all
And I just don’t know what do.
I haven’t called them again and I just gave up
Because I still have plenty of time, when I’m thinking I get so annoyed ? and disappointed to see your local court doesn’t do their job properly!

You do not normally need to contact the court after your course.
Ring your course provider and check that they have despatched the certificate, the court will only act on notification from the provider that the course has been completed. Ask nicely for the provider to notify the court again that you have completed, then see what happens. The court should notify DVLA within a couple of weeks of receiving the certificate.

Please see my reply and see if there is other alternative options?

I had this problem to...contacted the courts and they were useless !! then contacted the course provider TTC and they sent certificate to DVLA and my online DVLA info was updated about 3 weeks later to show the reduction...don't panic as it will be sorted....

I had this problem to...contacted the courts and they were useless !! then contacted the course provider TTC and they sent certificate to DVLA and my online DVLA info was updated about 3 weeks later to show the reduction...don't panic as it will be sorted....
Mate, they all wan…r useless and … i am so ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off