Circumstance I Could Use To Get My License Back

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cantona

Hello Everyone.

I am currently into the twelve month of a three year ban for failing to provide a specimen for analysis charge. Before this five years ago i was banned for two years for Drink driving [reduced six months to one half years after i completed a DD course]

In a years time i'm thinking of trying to get an appeal together to bring my sentence down to two years - meaning i will be able to drive again.

At present i am at college and am in the final year of becoming a tree surgeon. When i finish i would need to drive to get to jobs so i am in a difficult situation. I understand the courts are not easily moved to give people there license's back early for reasons such as above so wondered what circumstances the court would take into account when giving a license back.

I wonder if there any any success stories of people getting there license back early.

Any help on this is really appreciated, i have learnt my lesson the hard way.

To be honest, and sorry this is going to sound blunt, but you don't stand a chance.

If you have been banned before, done the DD course and then re-offended, the chances of you getting your license back early is the same as me going home with Jessica Biel tonight :)

Sorry chap, but I think you're going to have to wait this one out.

Thanks for the reply OD...

Even though the first ever offense was five years ago ? What makes you so sure that i wouldn't get it back ?

I don't live around the area anymore, plus i have been working towards becoming a tree surgeon in which i would need to drive.

My girlfriend and me are also trying for a baby so i would totally depend on getting my license back.

I have been in no trouble since that failing to provide offense either.

See, I like to be optimistic too. And have a go, feller, it really can't hurt to try, but to be fair, you're up against it.

According to what you've said, you've been banned twice within a four/five year period. The last of which put you in a high risk offender category (although, your second ban will have done that anyway.) I think the DVLA and Courts go on guidelines and making exceptions for different cases would make the whole thing virtually impossible, and have many of us up in arms, as we mostly think our cases are *different*.

There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule however, and if you feel you have a good chance, go for it.

Hello Everyone.

Today i have found an old piece of paperwork which turned out to be the certificate of completion for the drink driving course i took regarding my first offense.

I had a look and actually i was wrong that i had been caught twice within a period of five years. In fact looking at the paperwork my first offense for being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle was 31 October 2003. That was the date the sentence was passed according to the paperwork. My second offense for failing to provide was December 2009.

How would the court look at that if i did try to go for an appeal. I understand that now i have a failing to provide a specimen that i am classed as a high risk offender, but would this change anything ?

Any comments are really appreciated,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off