Charges wait times

Convicted Driver Insurance

RegretItAll

Good morning all hope you are well.

I was caught drunk driving on 23rd July and my blood was taken to be tested to see how over the limit I was.

i was made aware it could be a long wait for the results but I haven’t heard ANYTHING at all since the events. Is this normal? I’ve not been questioned or anything in regards to the events on that evening….

I was also wondering how many people have had their charges dropped due to the fact 6 months have passed since their event? (When their opportunity to charge you expires)

I know a couple of people have been ‘lucky’ enough to have this result….

I know they are struggling because of covid and underfunding…

As you said there is a 6 month time limit, your best bet is to stay silent till the 6 month expires. From what I have read it is rare that the 6 month expires and charges get dropped, but fingers crossed for you!

Good morning all hope you are well.

I was caught drunk driving on 23rd July and my blood was taken to be tested to see how over the limit I was.

i was made aware it could be a long wait for the results but I haven’t heard ANYTHING at all since the events. Is this normal? I’ve not been questioned or anything in regards to the events on that evening….

I was also wondering how many people have had their charges dropped due to the fact 6 months have passed since their event? (When their opportunity to charge you expires)

I know a couple of people have been ‘lucky’ enough to have this result….

I know they are struggling because of covid and underfunding…
It is very rare for the 6 months to elapse and that be a bar to proceedings being taken.
The OST likely cause to the 6 months apparently passing is that the result came back under the limit and the officer in the case forgot to inform the person of the no further action.
In your case, given the roadside reading and the fail to stop etc, I am certain that they will pursue the case when they have the evidence and you will be summonsed to court in due course so you have a few more months of heartache to come yet!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off