CHARGED WITH DRUG DRIVING

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stephfan

Well Known Member
Hi..

You've probably seen my name x1000000 on this site but after so long Im hoping this is the last time. Check my estimated timeline below of my journey..

2019 - Charged with drug driving (1 Year ban)

2020 May - Ban ended able to renew license.

2021 - (Stopped smoking) Tried to renew license but due to COVID there were major delays.

** Smoking on & off **

2022 April - Applied to renew license again.

2022 Mid June - Received a letter saying I need to attend a medical within 12 weeks.

2022 August - Medical test done.. (Urine test & brief questionnaire) 2months & 2weeks (75 days) no cannabis..

2022 December - DVLA received my urine results but won't tell me as they want to speak too GP and need my authorization.. authorization sent.

2023 January - After so many phone calls from me to my GP and DVLA, the GP have said I can come in to view the questionnaire they need to send to the DVLA before sending it. I viewed it and they sent it..

2023 February - received a letter from the DVLA saying my license shouldn't arrive within the next 14days and in they don't contact the DVLA ASAP.

I've written this for those who have no hope.. who have struggled for years like myself.. who are struggling to quit habits. who needs advice on the medical procedure etc.. timeframes.. anything literally.. I hope they do change the law regarding certain things. But hey who am I.. Will keep checking on this post to see if anyone needs help..

Take care guys 💙💪🏾

Hi stefhan i have a medical cdt test on 20 march 2023 last time i smoked a joint was 21 January do u think ill be ok ?
Also what happens after the cdt test ?

Hi stefhan i have a medical cdt test on 20 march 2023 last time i smoked a joint was 21 January do u think ill be ok ?
Also what happens after the cdt test ?
The CDT test does not check for drug consumption. The blood sample is sent to a DVLA approved Lab. They analyse it and report your CDT level back to DVLA. As it only measures recent heavy alcohol consumption, you need to aim to get it as low as possible, so if you haven't already, stop drinking NOW. Assuming you get an acceptable CDT reading, they will in all probability write to your GP for additional info prior to making a decision.

If they suspect you of drug driving that's a whole different ball game I'm afraid,

The CDT test does not check for drug consumption. The blood sample is sent to a DVLA approved Lab. They analyse it and report your CDT level back to DVLA. As it only measures recent heavy alcohol consumption, you need to aim to get it as low as possible, so if you haven't already, stop drinking NOW. Assuming you get an acceptable CDT reading, they will in all probability write to your GP for additional info prior to making a decision.

If they suspect you of drug driving that's a whole different ball game I'm afraid,
Correct

Hi mate,
Do you know if it's common policy to have to take a drug test if you lose your license for drug driving?
How much above the limit where you?
Sorry to ask but I have recently been done in for drug driving...haven't received results but pretty sure they'll come up over the limit.
How long after you received your results was the court?
How are your insurance premiums after the ban ended.
Thanks in advance for all this.

Hi mate,
Do you know if it's common policy to have to take a drug test if you lose your license for drug driving?
How much above the limit where you?
Sorry to ask but I have recently been done in for drug driving...haven't received results but pretty sure they'll come up over the limit.
How long after you received your results was the court?
How are your insurance premiums after the ban ended.
Thanks in advance for all this.
I’m not sure if it’s common policy.. inalso don’t have my results to hand atm unfortunately.. I do advise to stop smoking tho once you’ve applied for your license back.. I continued smoking an once the letter came back to do a medical I stopped completely.. which I said before was 75days (2months an 2weeks) my insure is abit high atm ngl.. I have a Ford focus ST 2.0 an paying £292 monthly insurance an £25 a month for tax however I don’t regret it one bit as I’ve been promoted to a driving job.. plus once I passed the medical I started smoking again an was able to stop cause I knew I done it before. Plus there’s no way I’m smoking weed again while driving

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off