Character references

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milly22

Well Known Member
Hello,

I'm sorry if there is already information - I have used the search function and it's all a bit all over the place or really old information from what I could find so posting another thread.

I am due court in two weeks and desperately trying to get some references even though my (ex) boyfriend told me there is no point taking them.

Who are you allowed to ask for them? Would family look bad, such as my sister? Even my ex could write me one. But I don't know if they are too personal.
I currently have one short one from my old employer.

I've tried reading on google but again it's confusing and the people I speak to have either asked what they should write or asked me to write it for them which is ridiculous :( I won't do that but I can advise bullet points - such as? I don't know - this is the issue.

I also need to write my own letter of apology but don't want to sound like I am trying to wriggle my way out of anything. I fully accept what I did.
Any advise is appreciated please.

Thank you

Hello,

I'm sorry if there is already information - I have used the search function and it's all a bit all over the place or really old information from what I could find so posting another thread.

I am due court in two weeks and desperately trying to get some references even though my (ex) boyfriend told me there is no point taking them.

Who are you allowed to ask for them? Would family look bad, such as my sister? Even my ex could write me one. But I don't know if they are too personal.
I currently have one short one from my old employer.

I've tried reading on google but again it's confusing and the people I speak to have either asked what they should write or asked me to write it for them which is ridiculous :( I won't do that but I can advise bullet points - such as? I don't know - this is the issue.

I also need to write my own letter of apology but don't want to sound like I am trying to wriggle my way out of anything. I fully accept what I did.
Any advise is appreciated please.

Thank you
Hi Milly,

I had an employment one, funnily enough I got caught a week before I was due to start with them but they expressed their concerns at a custodial sentence within this and I had a family reference (Sister), the remorse side of things was expressed through my Lawyer on the day.

I was expecting a custodial sentence and managed to just get a shed load of community service instead!

Hope this helps,

Hi Milly,

I had an employment one, funnily enough I got caught a week before I was due to start with them but they expressed their concerns at a custodial sentence within this and I had a family reference (Sister), the remorse side of things was expressed through my Lawyer on the day.

I was expecting a custodial sentence and managed to just get a shed load of community service instead!

Hope this helps,

You don't need to go into details as I understand it's personal, but what sort of things did you sister touch on in hers?

Thank you for your reply, it makes me feel like I can ask my sister to write one and it not look ... like I am trying to fake? But then again you can't lie to court so surely they have to take it seriously. My sister is the person who knows everything about me.

You don't need to go into details as I understand it's personal, but what sort of things did you sister touch on in hers?

Thank you for your reply, it makes me feel like I can ask my sister to write one and it not look ... like I am trying to fake? But then again you can't lie to court so surely they have to take it seriously. My sister is the person who knows everything about me.
She just went through how it was out of character etc..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off