Change of address not updated with DVLA. Does this matter?

Convicted Driver Insurance

megaduck123

Hi,

Firstly, I just want to say how helpful this forum has been these past 8 months whilst serving my 10 month ban. I'm not an HRO and have just hit the 56 day mark before my disqualification period ends and have a small question that if anyone can help with, would be much appreciated.

I moved house about 6 months into my ban and wrote a letter to DVLA telling them that I'd changed address. No reply or confirmation and checking the .gov website, I can see that my license is still associated with my old address.

Does anyone know if this is a problem, or can I simply add my new address to the D1 form and DVLA will update that when I reapply? I was concerned that DVLA might assume that I'd not told them of my address change and this might cause an issue (even though I have told them!).

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, that'd be great.

Thanks again all for the useful and supportive info on this forum.

On the D1 application form it asks you for your current address and the previous one, so they can be sure they are linking up the application with the correct licence.
the only issue is that (if they did send) the D27 application form, it would have gone to the wrong address, hence you getting a D1 from the post office instead.

Ah great - OK thanks for the advice. No problems then. I'll put both addresses on the D1 form and this should be fine.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off