CHANGE IN TESTING FROM ALT/ASTGGT/MCV TO CDT

Convicted Driver Insurance

kellysaxo

HI Guys

I was wondering if anyone knew the reason why the dvla now only do a cdt test and not the normal liver function tests?

Can the CDT go back further than the other tests?

thanks in advance

Kelly

Kelly I believe it is down to money. CDT testing is cheaper. I also believe but may be wrong CDT testing works in most of our favours unless you go on a 2 week bender just before your CDT test.

I am still confused on how it works with females because hormones are one of the very few things that can provide inaccurate results. By all accounts HRT can effect it a lot and I would imagine women are often asked to go back more than once for further tests at different times through there cycle. This to me sounds very unfair and perhaps women should still be getting tested by the old LFT tests.

It will be interesting to hear what other readers have to say about this.

The next official DVLA meeting to discuss the use of CDT will take place on 9th October 2013. Do not expect it to be made public till at least a month or two after this date. I will be looking out for it to be published online.

Do you think it's because there is no other reason diary from alcohol abuse to raise cdt levels whereas other tests could be caused by other factors therefore decreasing the number of gp referrals?

Do you think it's because there is no other reason diary from alcohol abuse to raise cdt levels whereas other tests could be caused by other factors therefore decreasing the number of gp referrals?

Yes, one would think this initially. But I am reading more & more GP referrals on these forums, so I am not sure. It needs more people to post and explain there cases for us to get a clearer picture. I still think money is the main reason. However, yes u are right, less GP referrals, less money DVLA have to fork out

Do you know what the cut off on percentages that the DVLA will accept???

Yes, one would think this initially. But I am reading more & more GP referrals on these forums, so I am not sure. It needs more people to post and explain there cases for us to get a clearer picture. I still think money is the main reason. However, yes u are right, less GP referrals, less money DVLA have to fork out

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off