Chances of getting my licence back on time from the DVLA.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jay1987

Hi everyone,
I am due to get my licence back on the August the 7th 2021. I am starting to worry that I won't get my licence back on time , I should have received the d27 application form on the 9th of May 2021 , I received nothing . I have sent the D1 application form recorded delivery and they received it on May 19th 2021. I am a HRO sadly so will need to book a medical , but have received nothing off the DVLA of our to go about it . How long will this process take and do I have to wait for the dvla to give me permission to book a medical ?
When I got banned I had to move away to be closer to work , I was lucky to keep my job I know but unlucky that I have missed out on 2 years of my life with my family and friends . I am currently in the process of buying a house and was planning on moving in the weekend I am due to get my licence back however I would only be able to commute by car to work . I am currently renting a property which I need to give my notice on by the 10th of June 3days time , or will have to pay a month's extra bills. I have been trying to contact the dvla since early May, I have made 100's of calls and same again trying by webchat to get an update on of whether I will get my licence back on the scheduled date, but they was uncontqctable before the strikes began .Will the current strikes delay the process by weeks or even months .
Also does anyone know what delivery service the DVLA use, I am hoping for the post office , as I can redirect my mail to another address if need be .
Have you guys and girls been getting your licences back on the scheduled dates or have they been delayed .

Thanks for your Answers

A lot of us in the same boat atm. Has your cheque been cashed yet, or did you send a postal order?
It's 5 week tomorrow since I sent my cheque and hasn't left the bank yet! I don't know at what point I should contact them?!

A lot of us in the same boat atm. Has your cheque been cashed yet, or did you send a postal order?
It's 5 week tomorrow since I sent my cheque and hasn't left the bank yet! I don't know at what point I should contact them?!
Its like we are being punished all over again . I sent a postal order , I am going to nip in the post office tomorrow and ask them if they know if it has been cashed .
What date are you expecting to get your licence back . Have you got to take a medical aswell , been reading they can take 6 weeks to book .

Its like we are being punished all over again . I sent a postal order , I am going to nip in the post office tomorrow and ask them if they know if it has been cashed .
What date are you expecting to get your licence back . Have you got to take a medical aswell , been reading they can take 6 weeks to boo
Ban is up July 17th - and yes, due a medical. Hoping the ball gets rolling soon but who knows 🤦🏿‍♂️

Hi everyone,
I am due to get my licence back on the August the 7th 2021. I am starting to worry that I won't get my licence back on time , I should have received the d27 application form on the 9th of May 2021 , I received nothing . I have sent the D1 application form recorded delivery and they received it on May 19th 2021. I am a HRO sadly so will need to book a medical , but have received nothing off the DVLA of our to go about it . How long will this process take and do I have to wait for the dvla to give me permission to book a medical ?
When I got banned I had to move away to be closer to work , I was lucky to keep my job I know but unlucky that I have missed out on 2 years of my life with my family and friends . I am currently in the process of buying a house and was planning on moving in the weekend I am due to get my licence back however I would only be able to commute by car to work . I am currently renting a property which I need to give my notice on by the 10th of June 3days time , or will have to pay a month's extra bills. I have been trying to contact the dvla since early May, I have made 100's of calls and same again trying by webchat to get an update on of whether I will get my licence back on the scheduled date, but they was uncontqctable before the strikes began .Will the current strikes delay the process by weeks or even months .
Also does anyone know what delivery service the DVLA use, I am hoping for the post office , as I can redirect my mail to another address if need be .
Have you guys and girls been getting your licences back on the scheduled dates or have they been delayed .

Thanks for your Answers
I sent my D1 form in beginning of March . End March received letter to book medical. The DVLA idenify the approved Dr. Had medical 26/4. Up until last week DVLA said they hadn’t received Dr report. This has now been received . Waiting to hear if they will need to make further enquiries. They have been on strike for 2 weeks. My ban ended n 4/6. Hope this helps .

What date are you expecting to get your licence back . Have you got to take a medical aswell , been reading they can take 6 weeks to book .
just a FYI when I sent the cheque they updated my status (albeit it 2 weeks late) and sent out my licence BEFORE they cashed the cheque, doesn't seem to be any particular process unfortunately.

Same boat (that’s getting bigger) as everyone else medical done 26/4 ban up 4/5 and Jack has happened since. I’ve stopped phoning and checking the licence online as it gets me nowhere, DVLA will do it when they can be arsed if it’s next year so be it given up.

I sent my D1 form in beginning of March . End March received letter to book medical. The DVLA idenify the approved Dr. Had medical 26/4. Up until last week DVLA said they hadn’t received Dr report. This has now been received . Waiting to hear if they will need to make further enquiries. They have been on strike for 2 weeks. My ban ended n 4/6. Hope this helps .
Im now lead to believe that the industrial action going on within the DVLA could take months before its settled, apparently they nearly reached a deal but it fell through at the last minute and it could take a while before its resolved looks like we are all in for a long wait with this im sorry to report.

Thank you for all your replies , dont think have got any chance of getting my licence back on time by the replies and what i have read on other posts . Just gonna have to take a hit on the chin . Just thank god the same people running the DVLA are no way near the NHS .

Sorry to hear you are still waiting, hopefully you will be back on the road soon , thanks for the info

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off