CDT WAITING GAME

Convicted Driver Insurance

Bencalv13

Hi all. I was a daily drinker upto 2/1/21 from then I’ve not had a drop. I had my medical on 17/2/21 and remained abstinent since. Spoke to dvla and they have my blood result back from the lab but they havnt been reviewed yet. Based on the dates provided so you think I will be ok? They had results back on Friday 26/2/21 how long do they take? Thanks in advance

Hi all. I was a daily drinker upto 2/1/21 from then I’ve not had a drop. I had my medical on 17/2/21 and remained abstinent since. Spoke to dvla and they have my blood result back from the lab but they havnt been reviewed yet. Based on the dates provided so you think I will be ok? They had results back on Friday 26/2/21 how long do they take? Thanks in advance

By daily drinker what do you mean? 2 cans a day is a daily drinker, a bottle of vodka a day is also a daily drinker.

It depends on your drinking pattern before them months as well. After a few months then 6 weeks should have been enough time to get your CDT back down into the green zone.

Given that by a few you mean 2-3 months. You were putting away 140 units a week, which is 10 times the amount the DVLA consider "normal drinking." As long as you have no history of dependence or misuse on record your CDT should be acceptable after 6 weeks given that you have a healthy liver and are in general good health.

Last edited:
It depends on your drinking pattern before them months as well. After a few months then 6 weeks should have been enough time to get your CDT back down into the green zone.

Given that by a few you mean 2-3 months. You were putting away 140 units a week, which is 10 times the amount the DVLA consider "normal drinking." As long as you have no history of dependence or misuse on record your CDT should be acceptable after 6 weeks given that you have a healthy liver and are in general good health.
So in the quite possible chance I fall into the middle category where further investigations is required can I appeal the blood test and have another one done as I’m still alcohol free

So in the quite possible chance I fall into the middle category where further investigations is required can I appeal the blood test and have another one done as I’m still alcohol free

There is a chance because you haven't said about your drinking pattern before your months of daily drinking.

But as Price has said no, if you fall into the middle category this automatically triggers further investigation. You can't appeal your CDT result, the point of it is to catch people out.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off