CDT Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chief80

Is 32 days off alcohol enough to pass a CDT test? I'm a regular drinker but not a binge drinker, mainly a few glasses of wine a night?? Any help is appreciated

32 days should be enough, depending on how much you were drinking before.
You say “a few glasses of wine a night” if the glasses are the smaller 175ml, then “only 4 glasses” is a bottle a night.....
That is about 75 units a week, against the guidelines of 14.
Also a “binge,” for a man, is defined as drinking 8 units or more in one session, so according to the health guidelines you are a binge drinker.
It is not me saying that you are a binge drinker, just that you are a binge drinker “AS DEFINED”.......
If that level of drinking comes out in your medical then you will face further enquiries before you get a temporary licence, and possible you will have to show controlled drinking for 6 months Before even that happens,

32 days should be enough, depending on how much you were drinking before.
You say “a few glasses of wine a night” if the glasses are the smaller 175ml, then “only 4 glasses” is a bottle a night.....
That is about 75 units a week, against the guidelines of 14.
Also a “binge,” for a man, is defined as drinking 8 units or more in one session, so according to the health guidelines you are a binge drinker.
It is not me saying that you are a binge drinker, just that you are a binge drinker “AS DEFINED”.......
If that level of drinking comes out in your medical then you will face further enquiries before you get a temporary licence, and possible you will have to show controlled drinking for 6 months Before even that happens,
Thank you Price.. Am I best going longer then or will it still be low enough to pass? It wasnt every night I was having a few

32 days should be enough if you were not drinking a few glasses every night, perhaps every other night, but saying that amount on the questionnaire will probably trigger enquiries with your GP

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off