CDT Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

blueyonder76

Well Known Member
Hi

After a break down with my partner in 2016 I was unfortunately convicted of drink driving and in the HRO category. I'd been out the night before and then taken my Mum out for lunch, due to speeding the police stopped me and I was over the limit. 10 prior to this I was also convicted and am totally ashamed. I now have to therefore go for a CDT test and start to apply to the DVLA. What I want to know is even though I hardly drink, how long should I obstain completely and is there anyway to improve my health prior to the test. Having lost my job, gone through a messy seperation that is still on going, I really want to get back on track and get my licence back. Is it worth me paying for a online test prior to applying to the DVLA ?

Thanks

Blue yonder

Hardly drinking will not raise CDT levels above DVLA guidlines! And only time abstinence is required if you were deemed dependant and sometimes misuse of alcohol
Being HRO and drinking moderately is perfectly fine ) so no worries

The CDT test is primary there in order to catch alcohol dependant folks whom cannot resist a drink even with a medical due it's alcoholism at its worst!

Craig is right - if you drink moderately, you do not need to abstain at all. The acceptable limits are set high enough such that only those that abuse alcohol or heavily drink will be flagged up.

In my personal opinion. I would say completely lay off the drink until the cdt test, for health reasons.
Let’s face it alcohol is a great social lubricant. But, to hit the gym, or at least, go down the park with kids/g/f/wife, or get a new hobby until the test, wouldn’t be a bad idea. Right?

I’m a HRO douchebag, and had to wait 2.8 yrs after waiting for cdt......and then out of the blue a pee (drug) test in total.

I felt so much better, as quite frankly I was drinking too much in general. So, yes you can have the odd pint, for sure.

But it’s the huge binges that will give you the red light malarcky on the test.

I now have my license back (thank god)! But it’s only a 1yr license. But I’ve heard from tipsynurse on this site that over time. If they can see your not doing an impression of Oliver Reed. They will extend it further over time.

Good luck fella.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off