Cdt test - help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Smotha

Hello, I've been sober for 10 months because I need to be sober for a year to get my license back. Around the 10 month mark I went on holiday and drank roughly beers a day for 6 days, went sober again for 2 weeks and now I'm upto 11 months. Stupidly I had 4 beers last night and my dvla paper work came through today! How likely is it that I'll pass or fail if I do my cdt test in 14 days time?

Like I say, sober for over 10 months, 6 days of 4 beers a day, sober for 2 weeks, and only 4 beers last night. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.
I've done so well so really annoyed at myself for letting myself slip up
Your CDT should be fine but be mindful you still have to answer the questionnaire about how many times over the last year you e consumed X amount of units etc

Thanks again.
Shame you let slip after 10 months we are all human and make mistakes. No alcohol what so ever until medical and i would not mention you have exceeded 14 units in a single week or you could be back to square 1. Not saying to lye just use common sense.

Shame you let slip after 10 months we are all human and make mistakes. No alcohol what so ever until medical and i would not mention you have exceeded 14 units in a single week or you could be back to square 1. Not saying to lye just use common sense.
Real shame, did all the hard work as well.
Would it be worth me delaying the medical for a week or so, i.e 3 weeks since yesterday?

I don't agree to lying but all in all its been 2 years since I've surrendered my license (long story/covid dvla backlog - they didn't tell me I had to be sober!)

I'm hoping the 10 months of sobriety will stand me in good stead, but I'm struggling to sleep now with anxiety and worry. My own fault of course. Thanks for your help.

Real shame, did all the hard work as well.
Would it be worth me delaying the medical for a week or so, i.e 3 weeks since yesterday?

I don't agree to lying but all in all its been 2 years since I've surrendered my license (long story/covid dvla backlog - they didn't tell me I had to be sober!)

I'm hoping the 10 months of sobriety will stand me in good stead, but I'm struggling to sleep now with anxiety and worry. My own fault of course. Thanks for your help.
Are you classed as HRO

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off