CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
My medical doctor checked my face for thread veins and felt my liver. If you don’t have an ‘issue’ with alcohol then you there should be no probs but yes it is very stressful leading up to it I was a wreck before mine.

I found this area very comforting at the time.

Good luck 🤞

My medical doctor checked my face for thread veins and felt my liver. If you don’t have an ‘issue’ with alcohol then you there should be no probs but yes it is very stressful leading up to it I was a wreck before mine.

I found this area very comforting at the time.

Good luck 🤞
I stupidly said to the doctor I was going Aa I went twice and that was enough for me to know I’m not an alcoholic I just liked to go out at weekend but the same time as that I got a clear lft and I haven’t drank for 6 months just hoping that don’t ruin it for me

Not recommended though it could spike the CDT levels upwards and why abstain for 9 days then drink 2 days before medical.

I stupidly said to the doctor I was going Aa I went twice and that was enough for me to know I’m not an alcoholic I just liked to go out at weekend but the same time as that I got a clear lft and I haven’t drank for 6 months just hoping that don’t ruin it for me

if they write to your doctor which they may do then you may have issues.

You do not need to drink every day to be an alcoholic. Binge drinking is equally as dangerous. Which day of the week did you lose your licence?

I’m not sure what day and over the last 18montjs I have drank 6 or 7 times so I know I will pass the cdt there’s not much more I can do

So from the beginning of sending my application back in September to my medical date 23rd June and wanting more info from GP... DVLA confirmed this morning my full drivers licence was posted yesterday, Happy days the stress of it is over.

So from the beginning of sending my application back in September to my medical date 23rd June and wanting more info from GP... DVLA confirmed this morning my full drivers licence was posted yesterday, Happy days the stress of it is over.
Amazing that from medical, gp contacted also(!!) to licence it was just over a month! Amazing news! Happy driving!

Amazing that from medical, gp contacted also(!!) to licence it was just over a month! Amazing news! Happy driving!
I didn't understand why they wanted more info as I abstained for 30 days before my medical and i did like a drink.. my doctor did phone me and went through the health questionnaire together.

I didn't understand why they wanted more info as I abstained for 30 days before my medical and i did like a drink.. my doctor did phone me and went through the health questionnaire together.
Did you tick yes to any questions for them to feel the need to contact gp?

Did you tick yes to any questions for them to feel the need to contact gp?
I said no to everything, although I did mention I've got metal pins in my leg which sometimes cause me pain.. but doesn't or shouldn't affect my ability to drive.

I said no to everything, although I did mention I've got metal pins in my leg which sometimes cause me pain.. but doesn't or shouldn't affect my ability to drive.
Ah I see, that'll be why as they jsut needed that clarifying with the gp. Mine is on 4th August. I have to tick yes to mental health in past 3 years although I haven't been on medication now for 13 months. Good to know it only took just over a month. Congrats again!

I said no to everything, although I did mention I've got metal pins in my leg which sometimes cause me pain.. but doesn't or shouldn't affect my ability to

Ah I see, that'll be why as they jsut needed that clarifying with the gp. Mine is on 4th August. I have to tick yes to mental health in past 3 years although I haven't been on medication now for 13 months. Good to know it only took just over a month. Congrats again!
You'll be fine I'm sure if you've stayed off the sauce.. just be honest in your medical. Also get your GP email it speeds up the process you can put it on your medical form, saves on it been posted.. thanks again

You'll be fine I'm sure if you've stayed off the sauce.. just be honest in your medical. Also get your GP email it speeds up the process you can put it on your medical form, saves on it been posted.. thanks again
I can request they email my GP instead of posting when I'm at my medical next week? Is that what you mean?
Yeh, I won't have drank for almost 7 weeks by the time of the medical so got no worries for the CDT 😊 just the gp being contacted for delaying me getting my licence I'm worried about haha

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off