CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
I haven’t smoked weed for 5 months should I say on the questionnaire that I did used to smoke
I ticked yes for mental health (depression) and yes for drugs but I am on 10mg of methadone so my doctor was aware
It will be on there somewhere but I haven’t directly gone to them as it being a problem
Have a chat with your gp mucca phone the surgery and have a gp to speak to you cos being on the same page is vital.
You will fly the drug test anyway by the sound of it. But the official advice on weaker drugs like weedis 6 months absence but a urine test can only prove 28.
Find out if the doctor has on you and match up.
Don’t drink for 13 days before your blood test and licence sorted mate

It will be on there somewhere but I haven’t directly gone to them as it being a problem
I am on matazapeen and 10ml methdone mate but I have been off everything for like 2 years. The questionnaire asks you have you in the last 3 years done
Weed
Coke
Pills
heroin
Then when how much.
Your gp will know when you spoke about it . Match your doctor and you will be good 👍

What’s your time frame so far butt?
Myne is
Ban ended April 26th
Medical 5th may
June 5th wrote to my gp
July had cdt result 0.5
But I have been honest all the way

What’s your time frame so far butt?
Myne is
Ban ended April 26th
Medical 5th may
June 5th wrote to my gp
July had cdt result 0.5
But I have been honest all the way
Ban ends 7th august
Sent off may 18th
Phoned yesterday they said they sent the letter yesterday then I can book my medical for 13th august then I’m 6months clean of anything

Just be careful fella I think they contact your gp now anyways so get on the same page
I’m just gunner be honest and say I’m 6 months free of alcohol and cannabis well I will be by the time I do the medical and my test results will reflect that

The request letter to book the medical exam arrived today exactly 7 weeks from the day I sent off the D1 form.

I’ve tried to call the Medical centre I’ve been appointed to but their phone line prompts you to book the appointment online. The earliest available appointment is 15/08. My ban ends on 18/08. The next closest Medical practise to my home address have an appointment available on the 28/07. My question is, can I change the Medical practise I’ve been appointed to?

The request letter to book the medical exam arrived today exactly 7 weeks from the day I sent off the D1 form.

I’ve tried to call the Medical centre I’ve been appointed to but their phone line prompts you to book the appointment online. The earliest available appointment is 15/08. My ban ends on 18/08. The next closest Medical practise to my home address have an appointment available on the 28/07. My question is, can I change the Medical practise I’ve been appointed to?
Does it not give you a list of dvla appointed doctors to choose from

Does it not give you a list of dvla appointed doctors to choose from
It gives you the option to select a location but I assumed you’d have to choose the one you’re appointed to. I think I’ll just try my luck with the earlier appointment.

I was in a very similar position to you are now last month. I received my medical letter but the appointed DVLA doctor had a 5 week waiting list. There was no other information about alternative Medical Practices in the letter.
I called the DVLA and after the usual marathon wait on the phone I spoke to a lady who kindly offered my the contact details for two other DVLA approved medical practices within an acceptable radius of my house.
I called them both - one was fully booked beyond 5 weeks and the other didn't answer their phone despite me calling several times a day for a week!

So in the end I just decided to wait out the 5 weeks and have my medical at my local medical practice (10 mins from house)

It was definitely an annoyance but it was totally manageable in the grand scheme of things - hell I've got the patience of a Saint after my 32 month driving ban haha.

And from what I gather, at the time, 5 weeks was a pretty average waiting time.

Just wanted to pass on my own personal experience with the CDT test because being brutally honest when I was reading how long people had abstained from alcohol before their medical I started to worry. I had my medical on the 29th July and from 16-19th July I was on a stag do with 10 friends so obviously it was a pretty heavy weekend, I then had a work conference 21-22 July where I consumed 4 or 5 beers on the first evening, I then went 7 days completely dry and got my licence back yesterday (11/07). I'm a fit and healthy 26 year old male and I guess these things can differ from person to person but having read that people were abstinent for weeks, if not months (and well done to all of you, you've all done amazingly well) I just wanted to possibly put a few minds at ease that a week or so of not drinking didnt affect my score on the CDT result and there was no referral to my GP, so fortunately for me I'm now back on the road!!

It's a long old journey back to getting that precious piece of plastic back in your hand but keep the faith, keep as positive as you can and just tick each day off as it comes my 18 month ban ended up being over 2 years with covid delays and DVLA delays but you will get there! Good luck every one!

Just wanted to pass on my own personal experience with the CDT test because being brutally honest when I was reading how long people had abstained from alcohol before their medical I started to worry. I had my medical on the 29th July and from 16-19th July I was on a stag do with 10 friends so obviously it was a pretty heavy weekend, I then had a work conference 21-22 July where I consumed 4 or 5 beers on the first evening, I then went 7 days completely dry and got my licence back yesterday (11/07). I'm a fit and healthy 26 year old male and I guess these things can differ from person to person but having read that people were abstinent for weeks, if not months (and well done to all of you, you've all done amazingly well) I just wanted to possibly put a few minds at ease that a week or so of not drinking didnt affect my score on the CDT result and there was no referral to my GP, so fortunately for me I'm now back on the road!!

It's a long old journey back to getting that precious piece of plastic back in your hand but keep the faith, keep as positive as you can and just tick each day off as it comes my 18 month ban ended up being over 2 years with covid delays and DVLA delays but you will get there! Good luck every one!
This is amazing. Congratulations! I'm one of those who are quite worried about it even though I don't drink too much anyway.. Last drink was 18th June (a 30th do so loads of drink but a one off) and my medical is on 4th August. I'm abstaining just because I desperately need my licence back but the fact you drank so close to your medical and passed makes me feel I'm, for sure, going to pass mine haha. Congrats again. That feeling of having that little piece of plastic in your hands must be immense. I can't wait haha

Just had my letter through from the DVLA my CDT level after a week no drinking was 0.7%

This is amazing. Congratulations! I'm one of those who are quite worried about it even though I don't drink too much anyway.. Last drink was 18th June (a 30th do so loads of drink but a one off) and my medical is on 4th August. I'm abstaining just because I desperately need my licence back but the fact you drank so close to your medical and passed makes me feel I'm, for sure, going to pass mine haha. Congrats again. That feeling of having that little piece of plastic in your hands must be immense. I can't wait haha
Milk thistle is a great liver detox; Vit C fizzy tablets and a multi vitamin that’s what I was taking daily for about 2 weeks before mine.

because i knew i would be fine i dont have a drinking problem.

and not drank for 9 days you have to be drinking everyday to fail the test.
Not recommended though it could spike the CDT levels upwards and why abstain for 9 days then drink 2 days before medical.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off