CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Ok understood that part, I am just thinking about the chances of them asking my GP for my record or not.

You were caught twice in 10 years, it is almost certain you will be fully investigated. The DVLA treat being caught twice as a habbit that may indicate dangerous drinking patterns. Anything that you have even mentioned to your doctor in passing will be present in your records, GP's are meticulous note takers to cover their own arses.

I'm a 22 year old student, I went to see my doctor for a chest infection and he asked me how much I drank. I told him 20-24 units thinking the weekly reccomendation for units was still 21 for males, turns out it's now 14 a week. Forgot all about that appointment since November and a revoke letter landed on my parents door step. Revoked for 6 months for misuse when I don't even misuse alcohol, if anything I actually drink less than my friends!! Now have to start the process of gathering evidence and LFT's to support getting my licence back.

You were caught twice in 10 years, it is almost certain you will be fully investigated. The DVLA treat being caught twice as a habbit that may indicate dangerous drinking patterns. Anything that you have even mentioned to your doctor in passing will be present in your records, GP's are meticulous note takers to cover their own arses.

Ok so HRO with 2 offences in 10 years are definitely getting investigated and other HRO like double limit/refused sample can still get away with good CDT test result?

I blew 3 times the limit, first offence, was fully investigated and received a 3 year licence. Judging by this forum more people are now getting investigated than not.

I blew 3 times the limit, first offence, was fully investigated and received a 3 year licence. Judging by this forum more people are now getting investigated than not.
Thank, I got that, Still waiting on Jadeybabe45 to answer if he/she was a HRO and if yes what type HRO. Please?

One last thing guys, when they request your records from GP, are they asking for your full medical report or is it just the questionnaire that the GP will need to fill, which he/she will then decide if what to and what not to state in the questionnaire.
They won't be asking the full medical report! However there's enough Questions requested within the forms to cover all aspects of your health including abuse running back 6 years GP.
If the dvla are unhappy with the report!! They can go back as far as they like then make a judgement based upon your fitness to drive

Last edited:
They won't be asking the full medical report! However there's enough Questions requested within the forms to cover all aspects of your health including abuse running back 6 years GP.
If the dvla are unhappy with the report!! They can go back as far as they like then make a judgement based upon your fitness to drive
This is my point then, even if they were to contact my GP, I have no such bad history of alcohol except that I mentioned to her myself about a binge drink and me getting haemorrhoids after the night, my GP will have to be very harsh on me to fill out the form and mention there that I have alcohol problems, I am just hoping they don’t contact GP at all which is why I want to ask Jadeybabe45 if she was a 2nd time offender too.

I am sending my license application this afternoon and I should be getting a reply to go and book medical in few weeks, my ban ends on 4th of June so I am hoping I don’t get classed as misuse or dependent and then have to wait another 6 months.

Book an appointment with your GP, explain that you are trying to get your licence back and you are HRO and ask the GP to note that you do not have an alcohol problem and have an LFT done for the records. That way you will have your GP's support if they do contact.

This is my point then, even if they were to contact my GP, I have no such bad history of alcohol except that I mentioned to her myself about a binge drink and me getting haemorrhoids after the night, my GP will have to be very harsh on me to fill out the form and mention there that I have alcohol problems, I am just hoping they don’t contact GP at all which is why I want to ask Jadeybabe45 if she was a 2nd time offender too.
If your HRO they will most certainly contact your GP for further evidence of history, it's up to you along with your GP support to put a case forward you do not have missuse issues

Ok understood that part, I am just thinking about the chances of them asking my GP for my record or not.
Your GP will be sent a medical form DD2, this form is about 29 questions long and all are related to alcohol issues including binge, misuse dependence and wether your drinking is under control, they will cover everything.....

Book an appointment with your GP, explain that you are trying to get your licence back and you are HRO and ask the GP to note that you do not have an alcohol problem and have an LFT done for the records. That way you will have your GP's support if they do contact.
Thanks so much for this information, I will get that LFT done aswell.

I got done for drink driving, I rang DVLA to ask if I can apply. They said I can only apply if I provide proof of one year abscentise from alcohol. I asked him how he said Its up to me. Please can someone help how can I provide proof of my abscentise.
Hi
How did you get on? The dvla never said anything about having liver tests over the year

Hi
How did you get on? The dvla never said anything about having liver tests over the year

The DVLA don't tell you to get liver tests. But when you are medically investigated and the DVLA find any evidence of dependence or misuse they will require proof of either 1 year of absatinance for dependence and 6 months of controlled drinking for misuse .

When the DVLA ask for "evidence of abstainance" this means liver tests over the course of the year to prove your alcohol intake. Without liver tests it's only your own word about your drinking and the DVLA don't take you at your word.

The DVLA don't tell you to get liver tests. But when you are medically investigated and the DVLA find any evidence of dependence or misuse they will require proof of either 1 year of absatinance for dependence and 6 months of controlled drinking for misuse .

When the DVLA ask for "evidence of abstainance" this means liver tests over the course of the year to prove your alcohol intake. Without liver tests it's only your own word about your drinking and the DVLA don't take you at your word.
Wish I had known this, I went into rehab on 6/6/19 for 6 weeks and I have not had a drink since so how do i prove it now?

I was in rehab as well in 2018. I had my discharge letter for completing 12 weeks of rehab, the date of my last drink registered with the doctor, I had a monthly check in appointment with my GP between rehab and getting my licence back to keep note on my file of my continuing abstainance then I had 3 LFT's done: one in November 2018 then one in march 2019 and finally one in June 2019. Licence issued August 2019.

Hi, I got my licence revoked today as I admitted to DVLA that I had had a drink in the last year. What the eff is the point of doing the CDT test if they're going to revoke you anyway (I got 1.0 on the test - below 1.6 is fine). I had a psychiatrist say I have alcohol use disorder, currently abstinent, so I need to be abstinent for over a year, thing is I did do about 9 months sober back in 2018 when this was first mentioned in my medical notes. Nor would they give me more time to raise an appeal, as it's 3 weeks in Scotland (not 6 months), the letter took a week to arrive and I don't think the courts are running due to the coronavirus. I've got an appointment with my GP on Tuesday but I doubt it's going to help.

How often to I need to see my GP/gets bloods done. I have no idea how I'm going to cope without a car!

Below 1.6 Is NOT fine, because you have to abstain from alcohol if you are shown as dependent. A reading of 1.0 indicates that you have not. And you admitted to drinking. They look for a reading of UNDER 1 To confirm this.
You would get no joy from the court as you say. They are not hearing appeals during the virus situation and when I read the minutes from the medical advisory panel meeting from last October, whilst they did not say how many cases had been to court on appeal, they did state that from April to September, so 6 months, every case that was taken to court was won by DVLA !
see your doctor every 3 months and ask them to do Liver Function Tests. That is the only way to proceed, test, record, test, record.... and do NOT drink alcohol!

Below 1.6 Is NOT fine, because you have to abstain from alcohol if you are shown as dependent. A reading of 1.0 indicates that you have not. And you admitted to drinking. They look for a reading of UNDER 1 To confirm this.
You would get no joy from the court as you say. They are not hearing appeals during the virus situation and when I read the minutes from the medical advisory panel meeting from last October, whilst they did not say how many cases had been to court on appeal, they did state that from April to September, so 6 months, every case that was taken to court was won by DVLA !
see your doctor every 3 months and ask them to do Liver Function Tests. That is the only way to proceed, test, record, test, record.... and do NOT drink alcohol!

I dispute the alcohol dependency, this was written by a nasty psychiatrist because I had the nerve to criticise his colleague. If less than 1.6 is not fine why do they tell you that it is in the DVLA correspondence. Thanks for the advice re the GP/LFTs. I also heard that you can get false positives (due to female hormones?).

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off