CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chief80

I stopped 32 days before my test........ i eat VERY healthy etc, it really does not matter what you take at all as well, it's scinence and they know what they are looking for... you take drink, they can tell by the molecule split ... wanna chance it, up to you, you now have the info.... i looked at my drinking and behaviour and it was bad.... you may think big tom and others will be sharp etc, but in reality, well you know ;o) Could you go that long without a drink, that does not mean you're not and will not be dependent if so ? That's what they're getting at on here............. Price, big Tom etc are class acts, you just have to take you're time with em, also listen, don't knock em before ya tried em, that's what i say....

all the best

Paul
Did you pass after stopping drinking for 32 days? What were your drinking habits beforehand?

movinonup

Hi all,
went for my HRO medical today, as was my 2nd offence within the 10 year window,
my last drink was 6 weeks ago, which i mentioned on the questionnaire ,
I said to the Dr, hope that doesn't effect my chances of getting license back, he said it should be fine, but he not really in the position to make judgement thats down to DVLA .
after asking what happens next, he said " all gets sent of to DVLA which he do today, and i should here back in 3 weeks "
just hoping this hasn't messed my chances up mentioning this

Chief80

Hi all,
I said to the Dr, hope that doesn't effect my chances of getting license back, he said it should be fine, but he not really in the position to make judgement thats down to DVLA .
after asking what happens next, he said " all gets sent of to DVLA which he do today, and i should here back in 3 weeks "
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Chief80

Hi all,
What were your drinking habits before you abstained?

Geroge0V

So by time I do my CDT it would have been 34 days no alcohol. Before hand I was socially drinking a little to much! (More than government guidelines anyway). That was 3 evenings a week, often one of those evening starting in the early afternoon.

I'm confident I will pass BUT I'm a bit spooked regarding the questionnaire having the match up to the medical.

Someone has recently enquired whether its a problem to tell the doctor you haven't drunk and if it's suspicious why you would of had to stopped. Is it?

Obviously with a lockdown it's a good enough reason but been waiting 3 1/2 years so do not want to take any risks at all.

Chief80

So by time I do my CDT it would have been 34 days no alcohol. Before hand I was socially drinking a little to much! (More than government guidelines anyway). That was 3 evenings a week, often one of those evening starting in the early afternoon.

I'm confident I will pass BUT I'm a bit spooked regarding the questionnaire having the match up to the medical.

Someone has recently enquired whether its a problem to tell the doctor you haven't drunk and if it's suspicious why you would of had to stopped. Is it?

Obviously with a lockdown it's a good enough reason but been waiting 3 1/2 years so do not want to take any risks at all.
When have you got your test?

Chief80

Don’t drink until you get your blood results back I had my medical 10 days ago had a couple of pints now they are saying the bloods are no good and I have to have the bloods redone
What was the reason for bloods being redone

Hi,

I am needing some help desperately I previously got banned fo 24 months due to drink drinking (twice in the space of 3 months so I will be classed as a high risk offender). I am due to have my medical done on the 10th Feb, my list drink was on the 17th Jan and I drink 16 units that week plan to be completely sober until my medical now but it will only be for 23 days. I have been a heavy drinker this past year binge drinking really just to get me through lockdown but I’m not an alcoholic and ive never been to the doctors about alcohol and I am 25 so still young I suppose and i can stop whenever but i have been sinking a Crete of 18 Stellas to myself most weekends so I have a few questions:

will I pass this medical? If no how long should I be sober for?

will they test for cannabis also?

what questions do they ask?

any help will be much appreciated! Not sleeping due to the anxiety!
Thanks x

Reactions: TPR

topchippyles

Seem to be having issues for such a young man.Twice caught for drink driving in the space of 3 months and you mention cannabis so i presume your using that also.We do not judge here so no need to hide anything.

Reactions: TPR
Seem to be having issues for such a young man.Twice caught for drink driving in the space of 3 months and you mention cannabis so i presume your using that also.We do not judge here so no need to hide anything.

I am not a man for a start 😂 and I don’t have any problems I was just going through a rough patch this was 24 months ago nearly. I’m just asking these questions so I know what to expect.

rufus

Hi, nobody can be certain if you will pass but you should be ok, if you keep of the sauce until after the test. the longer the better as they say

unless your booked in for a urine test they are unlikely to test for drugs as the alcohol test is blood.

if you trawl the web you can get a copy of the questionnaire - google HRO medical questionnaire

Being a HRO, bear in mind the weekly uk guideline is 14 units a week and you cant go above that and not in one sitting

They will contact your GP to investigate your medical history, so make sure you get a copy of your records and see if anything is mentioned regard alcohol.
If youve mentioned you drink more than 14 units a week to your GP (as they always ask casually how many units you drink , how many fags you smoke - its bad for you routine) they .will have noted this on your medical record and the DVLA may then class you as ok or as an alcohol misuser, and for that you have to evidence controled drinking for 6 months, 12 month abstinence if classed as dependant and prove it!

Jimbob

I personally think you could have problems in a couple of ways, if you're Stella is 440ml and you're having 18 cans over a weekend that's 37.8 units alone excluding owt else you're not having. If you're asking about testing for cannabis presume you're smoking it, at your medical they ask when you last had more than 6 units in one session and they'll ask you how often you have more than 6 units in a session so if you're honest at medical a weekend is Friday, Sat and Sun 37.8 units divided by 3 days is 12.6 units so in 1 day out of your weekend you're drinking pretty close to the weekly recommendation but you're doing it 3 times a week, yet you're saying you don't have a problem with drink.......in eyes of DVLA and Govt recommendations you're binge drinking 156 days out of 365!!!!

Sorry to be blunt......am from Yorkshire!!!!