CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chief80

I stopped 32 days before my test........ i eat VERY healthy etc, it really does not matter what you take at all as well, it's scinence and they know what they are looking for... you take drink, they can tell by the molecule split ... wanna chance it, up to you, you now have the info.... i looked at my drinking and behaviour and it was bad.... you may think big tom and others will be sharp etc, but in reality, well you know ;o) Could you go that long without a drink, that does not mean you're not and will not be dependent if so ? That's what they're getting at on here............. Price, big Tom etc are class acts, you just have to take you're time with em, also listen, don't knock em before ya tried em, that's what i say....

all the best

Paul
Did you pass after stopping drinking for 32 days? What were your drinking habits beforehand?

movinonup

Hi all,
went for my HRO medical today, as was my 2nd offence within the 10 year window,
my last drink was 6 weeks ago, which i mentioned on the questionnaire ,
I said to the Dr, hope that doesn't effect my chances of getting license back, he said it should be fine, but he not really in the position to make judgement thats down to DVLA .
after asking what happens next, he said " all gets sent of to DVLA which he do today, and i should here back in 3 weeks "
just hoping this hasn't messed my chances up mentioning this

Chief80

Hi all,
I said to the Dr, hope that doesn't effect my chances of getting license back, he said it should be fine, but he not really in the position to make judgement thats down to DVLA .
after asking what happens next, he said " all gets sent of to DVLA which he do today, and i should here back in 3 weeks "
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Chief80

Hi all,
What were your drinking habits before you abstained?

Geroge0V

So by time I do my CDT it would have been 34 days no alcohol. Before hand I was socially drinking a little to much! (More than government guidelines anyway). That was 3 evenings a week, often one of those evening starting in the early afternoon.

I'm confident I will pass BUT I'm a bit spooked regarding the questionnaire having the match up to the medical.

Someone has recently enquired whether its a problem to tell the doctor you haven't drunk and if it's suspicious why you would of had to stopped. Is it?

Obviously with a lockdown it's a good enough reason but been waiting 3 1/2 years so do not want to take any risks at all.

Chief80

So by time I do my CDT it would have been 34 days no alcohol. Before hand I was socially drinking a little to much! (More than government guidelines anyway). That was 3 evenings a week, often one of those evening starting in the early afternoon.

I'm confident I will pass BUT I'm a bit spooked regarding the questionnaire having the match up to the medical.

Someone has recently enquired whether its a problem to tell the doctor you haven't drunk and if it's suspicious why you would of had to stopped. Is it?

Obviously with a lockdown it's a good enough reason but been waiting 3 1/2 years so do not want to take any risks at all.
When have you got your test?

Chief80

Don’t drink until you get your blood results back I had my medical 10 days ago had a couple of pints now they are saying the bloods are no good and I have to have the bloods redone
What was the reason for bloods being redone