CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well I have the copy of test in front of me and it has SGPT, SGOP, AST but no GGT. Thanks for your help
I have recently had a LFT test, not for DVLA, and I did not get a GGT result either, but will ask when I next go to the Drs. I did have results for the others that you have mentioned… why not a GGT, I do not know.

Ok so HRO with 2 offences in 10 years are definitely getting investigated and other HRO like double limit/refused sample can still get away with good CDT test result?
I know this is a few years since Mart123’s post, but for future people looking for answers, I am a HRO with 2 offences in 10 years and I can categorically state that they did not contact my GP and I can only assume I got my 10 year licence back after my CDT test and the medical with the DVLA appointed GP.

I know this is a few years since Mart123’s post, but for future people looking for answers, I am a HRO with 2 offences in 10 years and I can categorically state that they did not contact my GP and I can only assume I got my 10 year licence back after my CDT test and the medical with the DVLA appointed GP.
Congratulations on getting your full licence back.

I feel it only right to mention that just because you received your licence back without your GP being involved, it doesn't mean that will be the case for every HRO with two drink driving offences in 10 years. I was told by the medical team (not a call handler, someone from the medical team) that each case is unique and they may contact the GP, even if there is no history of alcohol misuse and/or dependency.

Just to be on the safe side, it's always a good idea to get your GP on board and make sure there isn't anything in your patient record that could throw a spanner in the works.

I am HRO because of failure to provide breadth specimen. I have had my licence taken away for 2 years but I have generally been good with alcohol I don’t drink at all but I have had two instances of binge drinking because I was in a party, once in February 22 at a friends birthday and another more recently April 9 at a close friends birthday. I really regret the second one because my medical is booked for the April 24. I don’t drink at all other than that and would occasionally have a non alcoholic beer if I felt like drinking. I am so scared of failing the medical that I am considering rescheduling the medical CDT test. Can someone please advise if 15 days off is enough to reduce the CDT test?

Depends on how much you drank really in April? Id leave medical for as long as possible...so if possible to reschedule (within the 6 weeks they give you) then I personally would!

Depends on how much you drank really in April? Id leave medical for as long as possible...so if possible to reschedule (within the 6 weeks they give you) then I personally would!
I scheduled the appointment for the last day of the 6 weeks that was provided originally so does this mean I have to pay and resubmit a new D1

I shared a bottle of rum with friends over a 6 hour period. However, I felt very rough the next day.

How long will it be from the rum night? 6 weeks would have been fine and possibly 4 if that was the only alcohol you've had. Trouble with dvla is that they are now really strict about the 6 weeks although OK by a couple of days outside. Yes if not able to complete nedical by their timescales then you have to reapply and pay etc ..if it was just the rum then you may be OK for your medical but I can't guarantee that for you I'm sorry. Best of luck and let us know what and how you get on.

Yes you may have shot your self in the foot doing this, not even like it was lager or beer it was rum with a stronger proof so will have spiked your CDT. Silly decision really I don’t understand why people do it knowing they have a medical upcoming

How long will it be from the rum night? 6 weeks would have been fine and possibly 4 if that was the only alcohol you've had. Trouble with dvla is that they are now really strict about the 6 weeks although OK by a couple of days outside. Yes if not able to complete nedical by their timescales then you have to reapply and pay etc ..if it was just the rum then you may be OK for your medical but I can't guarantee that for you I'm sorry. Best of luck and let us know what and how you get on.
I will definitely reapply in this case thank you for your positive advice

I hope process doesn't take long but better to be safe than sorry and next time try to stay clear of friends parties and become a hermit if necessary!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off