CDT test booked

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi all, CDT test booked for 7th of DEC. Have been drinking fairly daily, maybe 6 pints of stella most days. Am I likely to be under the threshold if I abstain until my test? Thanks
Sorry not a reply but a question. How long from sending firm back did you wait for reply to book cut test please.x

Do they contact doctor first or?? Sorry its first time I've been through renewal process.x
Oh I've never done the renewal, I'm going through the medical process for the first time my ban ended 28th Sept so I'm only just starting this hell

Sorry not a reply but a question. How long from sending firm back did you wait for reply to book cut test please.x

Honestly, it took about 10-12 months to get this far but I am a yearly renewal so have been driving s88 so it hasn’t been an issue

Honestly, it took about 10-12 months to get this far but I am a yearly renewal so have been driving s88 so it hasn’t been an issue
Seriously, I can’t understress the importance of keeping on at the DVLA. It really he who shouts loudest. I waited longer than this even, and it only ever moved when I pushed them.

Some of our files are just sticky I guess because others seem to fly through. But if you’re in the slow lane, like I was, you have to pedal a little.

Seriously, I can’t understress the importance of keeping on at the DVLA. It really he who shouts loudest. I waited longer than this even, and it only ever moved when I pushed them.

Some of our files are just sticky I guess because others seem to fly through. But if you’re in the slow lane, like I was, you have to pedal a little.
Oh heck. I waited over 2 years first time because of covid!! I really just wondered if they contact doctors first or me to do cdt. My doctors like many are a nightmare 😕 xxx

Oh heck. I waited over 2 years first time because of covid!! I really just wondered if they contact doctors first or me to do cdt. My doctors like many are a nightmare 😕 xxx
If youre a HRO I’m sure they will, I would try and start that topic and relationship with your surgery now

The medical department have such a high caseload backlog because of COVID (it wasn’t just us drunks awaiting their holiest of attention - it was also the driving-eager elderly, the infirm, the junkies, the partially blind, plus anybody else that out of no literal choice of their own had to wait on the DVLA to get their flabby Welsh arses into gear; oh and with some medics probably being needed and/or ‘volunteering’ to try and save lives elsewhere) that yes, it simply just became a mountainous volume of work for them to churn through.

So I guess if you’re lucky enough to get moved forward quickly, placing a call is certainly not going to have been any coincidence at all. So keep on at them every 4-6weeks - it is not at all going to hurt if you’re friendly and polite (and of course are good at imploring people with just the right pinch of desperation and false admiration in that teleperson’s helpfulness and character ;) ). X

The medical department have such a high caseload backlog because of COVID (it wasn’t just us drunks awaiting their holiest of attention - it was also the driving-eager elderly, the infirm, the junkies, the partially blind, plus anybody else that out of no literal choice of their own had to wait on the DVLA to get their flabby Welsh arses into gear; oh and with some medics probably being needed and/or ‘volunteering’ to try and save lives elsewhere) that yes, it simply just became a mountainous volume of work for them to churn through.

So I guess if you’re lucky enough to get moved forward quickly, placing a call is certainly not going to have been any coincidence at all. So keep on at them every 4-6weeks - it is not at all going to hurt if you’re friendly and polite (and of course are good at imploring people with just the right pinch of desperation and false admiration in that teleperson’s helpfulness and character ;) ). X
Point taken Thankyou xx

Just an update. Had a second private cdt test with medichecks. Bloods taken 29th returned with a 0.8 cdt level. This includes having a few beers on the 5th and the 19th November. Had medical with dvla doctor on the 7th so just waiting to get signed off now.

hi,i abstained for 6 weeks before the medical,was binge drinking on a weekend,my cdt reading came back at 0.8.which according to dvla was little or no alchohol consumption,they still wanted to contact my doctor,which delayed my liscence for 5 weeks after my ban had finished,if you have been to your doctors with a drink issue they will find it,i went for a medical check up about 5 years ago and they asked me about my drinking habits,and i said i tend to binge on a weekend.
i applied for all the info dvla held on me and it was on the report,i am a 5"8" male around 15 stone in good health,cheers and good luck
Did you get your licence back with having previously binge drank on weekends?

Hi all, CDT test booked for 7th of DEC. Have been drinking fairly daily, maybe 6 pints of stella most days. Am I likely to be under the threshold if I abstain until my test? Thanks
Not sure 6 pints of Stella, a day is oaky, touching go mate, I would’ve thought ( unless you’ve stopped three weeks before ) my situation was a three-year ban second offence, I stayed off alcohol for 4 months, but the weekend, before I was meant to have the medical my mate blagged me to the pub where I drunk 4 pints then went home drunk big bottle of vodka and sniffed a couple grams of Coke, obviously woke up Sunday morning debating should I cancel medical, (which was Monday morning 🤦🏼‍♀️ ) thought **** it, after reading online that one episode on the weekend shouldn’t change your levels! on the questionnaire at the medical, I literally answered no to everything but one! No mental health issues. Never had any episodes with alcohol, ( which is a massive lie, just hoping they wouldn’t check ) it ask you if you’ve ever drunk more than six units I think at one time, ( I was a little bit paranoid about this, considering I drunk about 24 times more than what they’re quoting the weekend before 😬 ) so I said yes only once and I give them the dates of the weekend before the medical……..I really didn’t think I would get my license back because I ****ed up the very weekend before the medical after not drinking or drug for six months, but I kept checking online because I seen other people on this forum doing so and after about four days it came up. You have a full 10 year driving license….. happy days !! My reading on the alcohol front was 0.6….. show the moral of the story is sometimes you can try and do your part, but sometimes, you need to twist the truth……. Anyway good luck to everyone I know it’s ****ing stressful…. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. 👍

Not sure 6 pints of Stella, a day is oaky, touching go mate, I would’ve thought ( unless you’ve stopped three weeks before ) my situation was a three-year ban second offence, I stayed off alcohol for 4 months, but the weekend, before I was meant to have the medical my mate blagged me to the pub where I drunk 4 pints then went home drunk big bottle of vodka and sniffed a couple grams of Coke, obviously woke up Sunday morning debating should I cancel medical, (which was Monday morning 🤦🏼‍♀️ ) thought **** it, after reading online that one episode on the weekend shouldn’t change your levels! on the questionnaire at the medical, I literally answered no to everything but one! No mental health issues. Never had any episodes with alcohol, ( which is a massive lie, just hoping they wouldn’t check ) it ask you if you’ve ever drunk more than six units I think at one time, ( I was a little bit paranoid about this, considering I drunk about 24 times more than what they’re quoting the weekend before 😬 ) so I said yes only once and I give them the dates of the weekend before the medical……..I really didn’t think I would get my license back because I ****ed up the very weekend before the medical after not drinking or drug for six months, but I kept checking online because I seen other people on this forum doing so and after about four days it came up. You have a full 10 year driving license….. happy days !! My reading on the alcohol front was 0.6….. show the moral of the story is sometimes you can try and do your part, but sometimes, you need to twist the truth……. Anyway good luck to everyone I know it’s ****ing stressful…. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. 👍
I don’t tell the doctors anything anymore. I tell them my last drink was 2019. I was classed as dependant when they wrote to my doctor and the doctor disclosed the time from when asked I informed them I binge drank at the weekends when I was late teens early 20s. Which I thought was ridiculous. People grow out of that. It’s been 7 years since I was done for DD. I’m just now waiting for the license to update on their end. After a 0.8 score which I believe to be my base line as it’s all I’ve ever scored for them and medichecks when abstinent.

6 a night probably is touch and go and is the worst case estimate. My diets good and I train at the gym majority of the year. Summer gets me haha. but I never operate a vehicle if I’ve had a drink now. I get a cab or walk. I learnt my lesson from this whole palarva.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off