CDT Test Asymmetrical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Random-User

Hi Good Evening,

I wanted to be sure that my CDT levels were within an acceptable limit before I took the DVLA medical. I have abstained for just over a month and had a CDT blood test done privately the summary of the test is below:

"Your carbohydrate deficient transferase test could not be completed because your body is producing transferrin with an abnormal shape. This is usually due to inheriting a gene from one or both of your parents. In this situation we recommend using the PeTH test as an alternative means of assessing alcohol intake."

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of this problem and had a similar result with the DVLA medical and if so what was the outcome with DVLA.

Thanks

Hi Good Evening,

I wanted to be sure that my CDT levels were within an acceptable limit before I took the DVLA medical. I have abstained for just over a month and had a CDT blood test done privately the summary of the test is below:

"Your carbohydrate deficient transferase test could not be completed because your body is producing transferrin with an abnormal shape. This is usually due to inheriting a gene from one or both of your parents. In this situation we recommend using the PeTH test as an alternative means of assessing alcohol intake."

I just wondered if anyone else has had experience of this problem and had a similar result with the DVLA medical and if so what was the outcome with DVLA.

Thanks
Did you use medichecks? Same this happened to me with them.

Hi,

Yes I did use Medichecks!!

Can you share your experience and where you are along the road to regaining your license.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes I did use Medichecks!!

Can you share your experience and where you are along the road to regaining your license.

Thanks
Got my medical in 2 weeks, will have been 4 and half weeks abstinence. But want to get a private blood test done again, medichecks didnt work for me so wondering if will it be the same problem from other places.

Good luck with your medical.

Having found out that Medichecks test in a different way to DVLA, maybe it's worth checking if other places follow the same test procedures as DVLA.

I can't help but think Medichecks is some what misleading in their advertising campaigns "Would you pass the DVLA Medical? Find out with the CDT DVLA blood test..."

In Medichecks defence, I have had 2 CDT tests with them. The first one in 2019 showed a reading of 0.70% as did the DVLA test. This year Medichecks showed a reading of 0.20% whilst the DVLA was 0.30%.

For those with 'normal' CDT, the test works well. Obviously where it falls down is if you have CDT with an abnormal shape.

You also need to remember that Medichecks is purely for your benefit and peace of mind.

In Medichecks defence, I have had 2 CDT tests with them. The first one in 2019 showed a reading of 0.70% as did the DVLA test. This year Medichecks showed a reading of 0.20% whilst the DVLA was 0.30%.

For those with 'normal' CDT, the test works well. Obviously where it falls down is if you have CDT with an abnormal shape.

You also need to remember that Medichecks is purely for your benefit and peace of mind.
Do you reckon nuffield health would use a different method to medichecks? Really need to get one done for peace of mind.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off