CDT Test after 2 years sober

Convicted Driver Insurance

Luna2000

Wow.

Just had the results back from Medichecks of my CDT, LFT and Cholesterol levels.

I have now been sober for just over 2 years. I haven't even sniffed a drop of alcohol in that time. Even my mouthwash is alcohol free. I have applied for my licence back (ban ends on 11th October 2021,) and thought I would get some lifestyle health checks carried out. I am lucky that I can afford these and appreciate that not everyone can, but you could always ask your Doctor for the Cholesterol and LFT tests.

Anyway, I have lost 2.5 stone in 2 years, my LFT results are all in the green, my cholesterol is 4.4 (with good cholesterol being 2.5.)

And my CDT is 0.2.

Yep, 0.2. I didn't know you could get a level as low as that.

So, to anyone who is struggling with their alcohol consumption and is at the beginning of their disqualification, what I would say to you is use the time between know and when you apply for your licence back to detox and get as healthy as you can.

I go to AA, which I know is not for everyone, but I find that the horror stories I hear from other members there reminds me why I don't want to drink anymore.

This is my second ban (I had 2 in quick succession,) and last time I stayed sober for about 6 months but my CDT only came down to 0.7.

So 0.2 is amazing and surprising.

Good luck to anyone else in the same position.

C J 1980

Luna

Well done. I've never actually known a CDT rating to be less than 0.4%. I know it's virtually impossible to get 0.0% unless you are dead or have no liver!!!!

I was 15 months sober when I took my HRO medical in November 2020 and it came back as 0.9%.

I was a little peeved as some members on here were claiming they only went a few weeks 'dry' prior to the medical and got scores of around 0.7%.

Am I in order to ask what kind of diet you have? I believe bread and citrus can potentially increase CDT levels slightly.

CJ

Luna2000

Luna

Well done. I've never actually known a CDT rating to be less than 0.4%. I know it's virtually impossible to get 0.0% unless you are dead or have no liver!!!!

I was 15 months sober when I took my HRO medical in November 2020 and it came back as 0.9%.

I was a little peeved as some members on here were claiming they only went a few weeks 'dry' prior to the medical and got scores of around 0.7%.

Am I in order to ask what kind of diet you have? I believe bread and citrus can potentially increase CDT levels slightly.

CJ
Yes, it was a surprise to me as well.

I just hope the reading is correct, and if it is it will clearly demonstrate to the DVLA no alcohol intake over a very long period of time.

Polly3

Yes, it was a surprise to me as well.

I just hope the reading is correct, and if it is it will clearly demonstrate to the DVLA no alcohol intake over a very long period of time.
Just got my licence back and the letter says my CDT was 0.4%. I had the blood test April this year , and had not consumed alcohol since end August 2019.

Luna2000

Just got my licence back and the letter says my CDT was 0.4%. I had the blood test April this year , and had not consumed alcohol since end August 2019.
That's great Polly.

You say you had the medical in April, so it took 3 months after that to get your licence back. That's a hell of a long time.

How long had you been waiting to get your medical?

I only applied on the 15th July and will leave it another couple of weeks before contacting them.

Polly3

That's great Polly.

You say you had the medical in April, so it took 3 months after that to get your licence back. That's a hell of a long time.

I only applied on the 15th July and will leave it another couple of weeks
That's great Polly.

I only applied on the 15th July and will leave it another couple of weeks before contacting them.
Hi there. I applied for licence beginning of March . About 26 March they wrote giving me details to book medical. First date available was 26 April . DVLA said info not returned, so it had to be resent. About 15 June they wrote saying they had written to my GP as they wanted more info . I knew they’d do this as I told their DR that I was being treated for depression. My GP received request for information 21/6 and wrote back immediately. Info eventually scanned on DVLA system about 10/7 . My ban ended 24/6 . Licence issued 29/7 .
My advice is to progress chase , at reasonable intervals , at all stages . 😃

C J 1980

Hi there. I applied for licence beginning of March . About 26 March they wrote giving me details to book medical. First date available was 26 April . DVLA said info not returned, so it had to be resent. About 15 June they wrote saying they had written to my GP as they wanted more info . I knew they’d do this as I told their DR that I was being treated for depression. My GP received request for information 21/6 and wrote back immediately. Info eventually scanned on DVLA system about 10/7 . My ban ended 24/6 . Licence issued 29/7 .
My advice is to progress chase , at reasonable intervals , at all stages . 😃

Polly

Great news

It sounds like you had to wait an additional five weeks from the end of your ban to finally getting your licence.

Funnily enough, I had to do an additional five weeks too! Well done and all the best with the driving again.

CJ

Polly3

Polly

Great news

It sounds like you had to wait an additional five weeks from the end of your ban to finally getting your licence.

Funnily enough, I had to do an additional five weeks too! Well done and all the best with the driving again.

CJ
Thanks so much . Likewise 😃

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off