CDT measures accepted by DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

Tarum

Can any body clarify that the % CDT score accepted by DVLA as compatible with a licence please?

Hi Tarum welcome to the forum 0/2.1% is in the green and compatible for licencing 2.2/2.9% is considered problematic and will undoubtedly raise issues and 3% and over is in the red, and a refusal will follow...

You can find this information in dvla medical guidelines, maybe on this site too sorry haven't got the link, but do know their guidelines been going through it for the last 10 months two medicals with a CDT of 0.9%...

Hey Craig when you was relicenced did the local plod pull you over for any checks ?
No never am unsure about the rumours of this especially in busy traffic, but late night could be different! But am always in bed by 9pm lol & sober

Yes have heard of rumours nice to know though especially off someone who's been through the process, cheers mate....

Just on that, I've got my licence back in August and since getting it back I've been pulled 4 times in that time. For reference I had only been pulled 3 times since getting my licence in 2013 up until the ban in 2018.

I do live in a smaller town in NI, population about 30k and there's a high police presence here.

Just on that, I've got my licence back in August and since getting it back I've been pulled 4 times in that time. For reference I had only been pulled 3 times since getting my licence in 2013 up until the ban in 2018.

I do live in a smaller town in NI, population about 30k and there's a high police presence here.
I think that's one of the reasons that they do 12 months licences so that they can keep tabs on you where your based and then they put a marker on any vehicle registered to you .. so it's an instant tug from the law when passing an ANPR camera

I think that's one of the reasons that they do 12 months licences so that they can keep tabs on you where your based and then they put a marker on any vehicle registered to you .. so it's an instant tug from the law when passing an ANPR camera
That doesn’t happen. DVLA cannot put markers for ANPR for people on short licences and anyway you could be driving a company car, leased car or a friends/relatives car so no link to you......

That doesn’t happen. DVLA cannot put markers for ANPR for people on short licences and anyway you could be driving a company car, leased car or a friends/relatives car so no link to you......

I agree, I don't believe there's any sort of marker on me. I just believe that my car is known to the police since my ban and this is the reason I'm being pulled.

You can find this information in dvla medical guidelines, maybe on this site too sorry haven't got the link, but do know their guidelines been going through it for the last 10 months two medicals with a CDT of 0.9%...
Hi I wonder if you could be of any help, I last had a drink on 29 September my medical is booked for 2:15 on the 18 of November, I was drinking every Friday with friends up until the 29th September and haven’t touched anything since 15th October which was one red wine with an evening meal for my birthday, I’m gonna abstain completely now, do you think I will pass or should I book it for a later date? I can’t afford to be off the road for another six months I have a 2 year old boy and work 20 hours a week and it’s bloody hard work getting up early in the morning walking in the wind and rain to take my little one to child minder and then walk to work! Hello I’m stressed ?

Hi Leilah judging by your alcohol consumption which is once a week and I would assume drinking in moderation then I don't think there's any real concerns here. The dvla medical is really there to catch people out who have a real serious drinking problem or for those who cannot stop. CDT testing is looking for heavy alcohol use over the last two weeks prior to your medical, but don't be complacent by abstaining for the next 4 weeks is the right thing to do and should guarantee you a nice low reading....

Hi Leilah judging by your alcohol consumption which is once a week and I would assume drinking in moderation then I don't think there's any real concerns here. The dvla medical is really there to catch people out who have a real serious drinking problem or for those who cannot stop. CDT testing is looking for heavy alcohol use over the last two weeks prior to your medical, but don't be complacent by abstaining for the next 4 weeks is the right thing to do and should guarantee you a nice low reading....
Thanks for your reply, I thought cdt will stay raised for one to 2 months?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off