CDT level of 2 binges.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Biggy1

Stupidly with 5 weeks left to book and have my DVLA medical I had two nights of binging around 26 pints of lager in all I guess. Before that it was 3 weeks since last couple of days drinking and nearly 2 months before that, my problem is intermittent binge drinking and I have had my licence back for 2 years without problem but again I have to have a medical. I have no idea what my cdt base is and confused over what I read about levels after binge drinking. Can anyone help I suffer from nerves and depression and worry incessantly.

Hi Biggy1 why not get a medichecks to find out what your baseline is, can I ask are you on a temporary licence and if so have you supplied LFT tests over the last two years?

Thanks for replying. Yes temporary licence. my doc does an annual mot on me and no Liver Problems in fact none. Lashad last one December just gone. Have looked at medicheck and will get one but just sitting worrying in the meantime....

Thanks for your reply, I think 5 weeks of abstaining should just be enough the CDT test itself will screen the last two weeks for heavy drinking, although on the letter it says the last month, plenty of green tea, maybe exercise as well can help..

It May nearer 4 weeks though or does the test just need to be done within 6weeks not have results to DVLA?

It May nearer 4 weeks though or does the test just need to be done within 6weeks not have results to DVLA?
You need a plan biggy and the plan is: you can book your medical as planned for the latest date possible and just before your date you can cancel (due to unforeseen circumstances DVLA will be fine with this) therefore buying you time for possibly another 6 weeks, how does that sound(y)

Never knew that. at the moment I can continue to drive, guess they may stop that? will get a medicheck too.

Do you think I am that close?
Personally I think you'll be fine but hey ho if you want more time then use the plan, somebody not so long ago used the plan and it worked (just something I thought of in my man cave) I had a cancellation and caught the DVLA out by 3 weeks premature and then my licence was issued earlier, are you HRO then otherwise you can drive on section 88...

Thks. Not HRO as Nan was 2011 and ok on all other section 88 criteria. I just chose not to drive for a number of years. Don’t really want to chance cancelling though so will do medicheck closer to the time I think before cancelling. You’ve been very helpful. One last thing am I right in thinking I only need to have the examination with the 6wks, not have the results back to DVLA?

Yeh you need to do your medical within the six weeks on the DVLA medical letter and when you have your medical DVLA will receive blood test results the following week.....keep us posted how you get on ...good luck mate ..

Just got Medichecks result of 0.7 so given it was taken 29/01 and my test is 14/02 then am hopefully all will be good. Interesting the reading was so low two weeks after my 2 binges.

Well done mate, yeh the CDT testing is to detect heavy alcohol use (constant drinking) with a reading of 0.7 you are now well within the limits, I expect your nerves have calmed down now...reading back through your posts your not a constant drinker so having the breaks in between just goes to show it works,,.

I had a medichecks done on the 8/1/20, which came back at 0.6, then had the dvla one on the 20/1/20, which came back as 0.9, no drinking between either test. So yeh, you will be fine.... good luck

hI. All good but again only issued for 1 yr...3rd time! CDT level came out same as medicheck result. Thanks for all your support. B

hI. All good but again only issued for 1 yr...3rd time! CDT level came out same as medicheck result. Thanks for all your support. B
Good news, maybe next year it'll be the full ten years, still a result, happy for you mate (y)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off